Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Potty Training Experts?
TwinMama 09:38 AM 04-21-2016
I have my 22 month old twin boy and girl and now dcm wants her almost 3 year old trained.

I have 2 little potties and one potty seat on the big potty. I set a timer for every 45 minutes. Then we sit and read books about going potty.

Any other suggestions?
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I have my 22 month old twin boy and girl and now dcm wants her almost 3 year old trained.

I have 2 little potties and one potty seat on the big potty. I set a timer for every 45 minutes. Then we sit and read books about going potty.

Any other suggestions?
https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/pott...to-parents.htm
TwinMama 11:16 AM 04-21-2016
This is so helpful!!! I'll stop the timed training. My dd tells me that she has to go and seems to only do number 2 on the potty. I think the timed potty times are too stressful for her because she won't go at all today.
ColorfulSunburst 12:00 PM 04-21-2016
I have read the article at the link.
Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to discuss it. I just can say that I do not agree with many things there.
I use timed potty. It works very well and I still believe that most of the kids can be potty trained around 2yo but they are not just because adult's laziness. The kids use diaper because it is comfortable for adults (both parents and providers) IMHO.
Blackcat31 12:04 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to discuss it. I just can say that I do not agree with many things there.
I use timed potty. It works very well and I still believe that most of the kids can be potty trained around 2yo but they are not just because adult's laziness. The kids use diaper because it is comfortable for adults (both parents and providers) IMHO.
I know that you've had success with timed training and Im sure many others have too but the OP has stated that it is too stressful to manage in her daily routine.

I'm all for different methods of doing things but if something isnt working for you, you have to find an alternate choice.
TwinMama 12:12 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
The timed training is scaring my daughter off however I think it's reinforcing what needs to be done for my almost 3 yo dcg. She's confused because when she's not here they don't follow through with her training when they're at home. Her family is on the go most of the time and don't ask all the time.

I think it's about being consistent with whatever you're doing not the method itself.
Mike 03:04 PM 04-21-2016
Consistency between parents and daycare is important. If they do 2 different things, it's going to confuse the child and not be any kind of routine.
Thriftylady 03:08 PM 04-21-2016
The timed training is scaring my daughter off however I think it's reinforcing what needs to be done for my almost 3 yo dcg. She's confused because when she's not here they don't follow through with her training when they're at home. Her family is on the go most of the time and don't ask all the time.

I think it's about being consistent with whatever you're doing not the method itself.
Then I wouldn't be doing it at daycare! My job isn't to potty train, it is to assist parents. If parents are not doing it, there is no point in me doing it. Sounds like they want YOU to do all the work.
qw
ColorfulSunburst 03:47 PM 04-21-2016
The timed training is scaring my daughter off
I think that your kid was not scared by this method, she was scared by the way this method had been introduced to her.
Tags:potty training, potty training advice
Reply Up