Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Jo123ABC's Avatar
Jo123ABC Jo123ABC is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 223
Default You're Tweet Valentine!

Hey everyone!

I'm excited about my valentine projects this year and want to share! Tell me about yours too! The reason I'm actually excited about my crafts this year is because I decided to avoid paint I don't know about you ladies and gents but painting is such a pain in the a.. for me. They fight, won't sit, eat it, pester each other, all demand my attention at the same time, babies get restless, prep is too long (trying to protect clothes, pull up hair), etc. I like to just let them free paint rather than try to do a project and I'd rather do it when I don't have all 7 present

Anyway! My projects this love season are:

"Love bug" pom pom key chains

Cut out cookies with sugar sprinkles (I learned my lesson with frosting... Finally!)

Bird seed heart cutouts

Pink playdoh.. maybe try glitter in it this time?

Simple cardstock "heart" valentine cards with markers and foil stickers... Maybe pre-glittered glitter glue if they don't get too crazy on me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190204-220717.jpg (260.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20190204-220559.png (609.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190204-220111.jpg (220.6 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:11 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,813
Default

I really don't do Valentine's Day crafts with DCKs. But those are cool looking.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm excited about my valentine projects this year and want to share! Tell me about yours too! The reason I'm actually excited about my crafts this year is because I decided to avoid paint I don't know about you ladies and gents but painting is such a pain in the a.. for me. They fight, won't sit, eat it, pester each other, all demand my attention at the same time, babies get restless, prep is too long (trying to protect clothes, pull up hair), etc. I like to just let them free paint rather than try to do a project and I'd rather do it when I don't have all 7 present

Anyway! My projects this love season are:

"Love bug" pom pom key chains

Cut out cookies with sugar sprinkles (I learned my lesson with frosting... Finally!)

Bird seed heart cutouts

Pink playdoh.. maybe try glitter in it this time?

Simple cardstock "heart" valentine cards with markers and foil stickers... Maybe pre-glittered glitter glue if they don't get too crazy on me!
Super cute ideas!! Would love to see how they turn out!
I love the birdseed hearts!! I have some store bought seed feeders that are similar and the birds at our house go crazy for them!

As for crafts/activities here, I don't do any crafts or celebrations with the kids for Valentine's Day either.

We focus on the color red and the heart shape but that's about it as far as it goes. I think "kind" is our character word that week.

I heard Cat Herder is having strawberries and cheesecake so depending on the weather I might just be knocking on her door that day.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 AM
Kimskiddos's Avatar
Kimskiddos Kimskiddos is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 412
Default

I have a group of 2 and unders. Not many crafts are getting done here. Mess? Yes, plenty of that.

We will for sure make the heart window cards. So they can have a card to give Mom and Dad. Kiddos love sticking stuff to contact paper.

If I feel like it we will do the salt dough. Not sure my best friend is turning 50 on the 15th and I am throwing her a party on a friends houseboat. So not only do I have to cook for about 15 people, but have to travel with said food and decorations out to the lake. She wants a dog theme and I admit I'm having a ball with it. I can go overboard on that kind of stuff from time to time. Who knew how many drinks and shots you can find with dog names.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I love you to pieces.jpg (57.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg thumb body.jpg (78.0 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:41 AM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos View Post
I have a group of 2 and unders. Not many crafts are getting done here. Mess? Yes, plenty of that.

We will for sure make the heart window cards. So they can have a card to give Mom and Dad. Kiddos love sticking stuff to contact paper.

If I feel like it we will do the salt dough. Not sure my best friend is turning 50 on the 15th and I am throwing her a party on a friends houseboat. So not only do I have to cook for about 15 people, but have to travel with said food and decorations out to the lake. She wants a dog theme and I admit I'm having a ball with it. I can go overboard on that kind of stuff from time to time. Who knew how many drinks and shots you can find with dog names.
I like the Valentine with the ripped paper. I have never used contact paper before. Do you just have them stick stuff to it and then put another peice over the top and then cut into the shape of a heart?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,040
Default

I'm just cutting big heart shapes out of paper and letting the dcks paint them. I also am cutting the inside of a paper plate out in the shape of a heart, then put the contact paper on the back with the sticky side facing the kids. Let them sprinkle on red sprinkles, use heart stickers, and I have some pretty strips of patterned red papers that I'll cut down for them to use too; plus whatever else I can find around here.
I was going to buy them each a book but am feeling a bit thrifty(cheap) and am going to melt different color crayons into circle shapes for cookie crayons. I didn't want to buy them a bunch of candy. The ones who do eat sweets already get plenty and the ones who don't....well no point in just letting it get thrown away. I might go to the Dollar Store and pick up some packs of stickers too.

I love the bird seed feeders but 1 review mentioned that if you don't give them out within a few days, they might get moldy. Maybe we'll make them here someday and hang them outdoors.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Kimskiddos's Avatar
Kimskiddos Kimskiddos is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I like the Valentine with the ripped paper. I have never used contact paper before. Do you just have them stick stuff to it and then put another peice over the top and then cut into the shape of a heart?
Tape it sticky side up to table then cover with another piece of contact paper once kiddo is done. Trim to fit into the card. Making it heart shaped would be cute taped to the inside.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2019, 10:46 AM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos View Post
Tape it sticky side up to table then cover with another piece of contact paper once kiddo is done. Trim to fit into the card. Making it heart shaped would be cute taped to the inside.
Thanks I think we will try this! Seems simple enough!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Jo123ABC's Avatar
Jo123ABC Jo123ABC is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 223
Default

Gifting cookie crayons is a good idea! I end up with lots of crayon stubs so it would be a good way to use em up! I try to keep it cheap and do little non candy gift bags. This year I'm sticking a few cheap valentine novelty toys in there (little duckies, Slinky, scented pens) and either a juice box or animal crackers or some
kind of inexpensive individually packed snack. Last year I made robot juice boxes with mini raisin boxes for feet and an applesauce for the head. Those were pretty neat
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
valentine, valentines day, valentines gift ideas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tips For Parachute Play? Controlled Chaos Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 02-16-2015 11:18 AM
Parent Pleaser Valentine Craft? SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 30 02-12-2014 11:39 AM
OT. No Show at Valentine Party hope Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 02-14-2013 02:21 PM
Valentine Ideas? newtodaycare22 Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 3 02-12-2011 05:07 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming