Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default I Scored this for FREE!

Iíve wanted one of these for a long time, but havenít managed to find one at a garage sale or thrift store. No way would I pay what they go for on eBay! A friend texted me a pic of it yesterday and asked if I wanted it. Um...YES! It just needed to be cleaned up. He also brought a little tikes kitchen, which Iíll pass to my daughter for my grandson, and itís the identical one she had as a child.

My dcks are going to be so happy. They are very into playing house right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 902648C8-4C95-4D12-B3D1-A272A9FCE71C.jpeg (2.43 MB, 79 views)
Old 03-13-2019, 05:47 AM

What a great deal!!

So cute too! I bet the kids will love it!
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What a great deal!!

So cute too! I bet the kids will love it!
My first child is here, and happily doing laundry.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

How cute! I can see the kids loving that!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:45 AM

That's so cute! With my current group I could totally see one certain kid trying to stuff another little one inside
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

I had this same one as a child and although my mom sold all of my little tykes stuff (and cried about it for years because she regretted it) I was lucky enough to find one when I was first starting out on a Facebook site. I paid $15 or $20 for it, I can’t remember exactly I would have to check my records. It did not have the original iron though but did come with a cheaper plastic one. Unfourtunatly my daycare kids do not really play with it.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I had this same one as a child and although my mom sold all of my little tykes stuff (and cried about it for years because she regretted it) I was lucky enough to find one when I was first starting out on a Facebook site. I paid $15 or $20 for it, I canít remember exactly I would have to check my records. It did not have the original iron though but did come with a cheaper plastic one. Unfourtunatly my daycare kids do not really play with it.
Iíve let go of some older little tikes toys over the years, and Iím kicking myself for it! You just canít beat the quality. Their newer items arenít nearly as sturdy.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
Iíve let go of some older little tikes toys over the years, and Iím kicking myself for it! You just canít beat the quality. Their newer items arenít nearly as sturdy.
I still have my large doll house pictured below and so many accessories for it and the kids play with that daily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68C47974-701A-4933-A151-55704BC7EF21.jpg (103.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I still have my large doll house pictured below and so many accessories for it and the kids play with that daily.
Iím so jealous!!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

So cool!!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ooh! I'm so jealous! I had a washer/dryer similar to that that my husband picked up for me at a yard sale. The kids broke it recently and I've been looking around for a replacement. I can't find anything that matches the quality of the old one without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.
Lucky you!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Awww ..you lucky ducky!!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Awesone! I have this exact set. I got it at a rummage sale about 11 yrs ago. It’s the best. I love ❤️ it. The kids love it. I think they are almost vintage.

Today a 17 mo old put beanie babies in it. I said, Are you washing your animals like Mrs. Wishy Washy? Then we read the book!

About 2 months ago someone gave me this beauty. They love it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EEA3A669-FD72-4B37-8267-CDDE6A269F58.jpeg (714.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have that washer/dryer/ironing board in my basement. have you seen how much they go for on Ebay? If I could figure out how to package it up to ship it, I'd put mine on there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Tike...kAAOSwONlc~TQR
Old 08-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

After seeing Rockgirl's picture, I started looking on ebay and saw a few of them listed for between $100 - $165. Some included shipping, others were listed as local pick up only. I was lucky enough to find one locally for $65. (I was probably way more excited than a grown woman had a right to be but it's one of the most played with toy in my day care these days!)
Old 08-05-2019, 05:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am still annoyed that I gave all my stuff away.The laundry center ,kitchen high chairs for dolls ect .All in great condition then not 3 months later my 44 yr old daughter announces shes expecting.I did not know she was trying.My grand daughter was born sept ,ugghhh.She would have eventually loved them and I have a big empty playroom no one uses.At least I kept books and the castle set ...I guess.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:27 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I have that washer/dryer/ironing board in my basement. have you seen how much they go for on Ebay? If I could figure out how to package it up to ship it, I'd put mine on there.

You could do local pickup only.... Or a site like Craigslist that doesn't charge a cut from your profit 😁
Old 08-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post

Yes! When our friend offered me the set, I sent him a link to the eBay listing, and asked if heíd rather sell it. He still wanted me to have it for the daycare.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:06 AM

I also ditched all my Little Tikes stuff but I don't regret it at all. My DD had the dollhouse StorybookEnding posted above and the stable as well as grandma's house and a ton of accessories. I had it at daycare the first few years I was open but the kids literally destroyed it. They climbed on it like a ladder, picked the stickers off and pulled all the railings and window frames off. I got so sick of fixing it that I finally sold it to my cousin for her little girl.

The one thing I learned about having my own kids' Little Tike toys in daycare was that how my own kids used/treated them was NOT AT ALL how the daycare kids used/treated them so I didn't feel bad about getting rid of any of it. I am a saver for future grand kids and all but I never looked at Little Tikes as heirloom type savables.

I still have the yellow ride on race car my son got for his 1st birthday and I still have the doll crib/storage unit my dd got for her 3rd birthday but only because they're kind of durable and the DC kids haven't ruined them...yet.

Oh I also still have the castle out in the front yard. Although that has seen it's share of abuse too.

A couple summers ago I sold/gave away all the rest.
Cozy coupes and all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 064be031445187a9ff984699a7ce098a.jpg (12.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Vintage-Little-Tikes-Tykes-Pink-Baby-Doll-Bassinet.jpg (12.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 6169.jpg (141.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

BC, I still have that bassinet, and the matching high chair. Iíd prefer to replace them with wooden pieces, but Iíll wait awhile.

Tags
free stuff, play furniture