Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hate Not Feeling Good and Having to Work
lovemykidstoo 05:42 AM 04-23-2019
All of my kids have been hacking and snotting for 2 weeks. A couple have stayed home a bit, but the coughs and runny noses last forever! So now I have it. coughing a lung, feel like crap. I trudge on though. The kicker? One of my darlings dad stayed home Friday because he had it and felt like he should stay home in bed and keep him here 9 hours and and then the other one, his dad got it too and kept his little sweetie here 9 hours yesterday while he stayed home from work. Guess I can't blame them but man, totally jealous that they get to send them here and I'm sick with the same thing. Just feeling sorry for myself lol
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
All of my kids have been hacking and snotting for 2 weeks. A couple have stayed home a bit, but the coughs and runny noses last forever! So now I have it. coughing a lung, feel like crap. I trudge on though. The kicker? One of my darlings dad stayed home Friday because he had it and felt like he should stay home in bed and keep him here 9 hours and and then the other one, his dad got it too and kept his little sweetie here 9 hours yesterday while he stayed home from work. Guess I can't blame them but man, totally jealous that they get to send them here and I'm sick with the same thing. Just feeling sorry for myself lol
I hope you feel better soon!
lovemykidstoo 07:48 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you!
Baby Beluga 11:16 AM 04-23-2019
I'm sorry - I hope you feel better soon!

It doesn't get rid of illnesses, but when I am sick I take both sambucol and oscillococcinum at the same time. I swear it cuts my illness short and allow me to function when ill. Maybe it would help you? <3
LittleExplorers 11:22 AM 04-23-2019
Self care is so important. Take a sick day if you are miserable. Feel better!
Ariana 11:40 AM 04-23-2019
Definitrly don’t feel bad about taking a sick day! They will most certainly understand since they had it and took time off. I do understand how you feel though. My parents are constantly taking time off here and there and I rarely get a break.
Mom2Two 11:41 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
Self care is so important. Take a sick day if you are miserable. Feel better!

It's definitely one of the hard parts of daycare!

Feed them some easy finger food. Put on some PBSKids and supervise horizontally from the sofa.
lovemykidstoo 11:42 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I'm sorry - I hope you feel better soon!

It doesn't get rid of illnesses, but when I am sick I take both sambucol and oscillococcinum at the same time. I swear it cuts my illness short and allow me to function when ill. Maybe it would help you? <3
What are those? I haven't heard of them.

I would love to take the day off but my daughter is a senior and with all of that senior stuff and college I need every penny unfortunately. I have nothing to do tonight though so I'm in my PJ's at 5:30 tonight and laying on the couch.
Baby Beluga 02:14 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
What are those? I haven't heard of them.

I would love to take the day off but my daughter is a senior and with all of that senior stuff and college I need every penny unfortunately. I have nothing to do tonight though so I'm in my PJ's at 5:30 tonight and laying on the couch.
They are immune supporting homeopathic remedies. They don't cure anything, but I really believe they help reduce symptoms and allow my body to heal faster. And I am usually really skeptic DD uses them when I notice she is coming down with something and I recently suggested them to my hairdresser who was diagnosed with the flu last month She said they helped her feel more normal and less ill.

https://www.amazon.com/Sambucol-Elde...-1-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Oscill...-1-spons&psc=1
Ariana 07:14 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
They are immune supporting homeopathic remedies. They don't cure anything, but I really believe they help reduce symptoms and allow my body to heal faster. And I am usually really skeptic DD uses them when I notice she is coming down with something and I recently suggested them to my hairdresser who was diagnosed with the flu last month She said they helped her feel more normal and less ill.

https://www.amazon.com/Sambucol-Elde...-1-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Oscill...-1-spons&psc=1
I used this when I had a bad cold during my pregnancy and couldn’t use traditional meds. Agree it is great!!
Tags:provider - sick, working while sick
Reply Up