Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Father's Day Ideas?
Jo123ABC 12:59 PM 06-10-2019
What are you guys doing for father's day this year? I loved last year's project and want to do something as nice! Last year I paint washed a pallet wall decoration my husband made and put handprints as fish with the saying "hooked on daddy"

This year I have one without a dad at home as far as I know so I'm trying to keep that in mind with our craft this year
Ariana 01:52 PM 06-10-2019
The kids grew strawberry plants as part of our theme of “plant life cycles”. They made Chicks and Hens plants for moms day.
Michael 04:29 PM 06-10-2019
Some more threads on Father’s Day ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...rs+day+-+ideas
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
What are you guys doing for father's day this year? I loved last year's project and want to do something as nice! Last year I paint washed a pallet wall decoration my husband made and put handprints as fish with the saying "hooked on daddy"

This year I have one without a dad at home as far as I know so I'm trying to keep that in mind with our craft this year
Whatever you choose to do, can you discuss it with dcm and ask if dck would like to make something special for a grandpa or uncle, etc.? Or you could make it for dcm, citing that she's being both a mom and dad.
Cat Herder 05:59 AM 06-11-2019
I went simple because half my paid slots are kids who are not attending (or rarely attending) this summer. I am doing foam photo frames and letting the kids decorate them with foam stickers of their choice. I took cute photos, laminated them and will put them in the frames when the kids are done. I'll glue magnets to the back as well. All are two and under this summer.
lovemykidstoo 08:13 AM 06-12-2019
We did this today. I find myself not doing the "gift" for mother's day/father's day but more of a card kind of thing.
Attached: fish.jpg (152.9 KB) 
ColorfulSunburst 11:16 AM 06-13-2019
our project is in process. It is a keys holder. We made the same a few years ago.
Jo123ABC 01:09 PM 06-13-2019
I've been messing with a nice camera my husband bought me for Christmas because he doesn't like how much we spend on professional photos each year. So I took some really cool pics of the kids, edited them, and bought frames. I was going to glue rocks on the frames but couldn't bring myself to do it once I saw the pics in them. They just looked so nice! So... We collected big paperweight sized rocks, washed, and painted them. I put the saying "dad rocks!" On them.
Tags:fathers day - ideas
Reply Up