Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing, And I Have So Much Stuff!
bunnyslippers 06:54 AM 06-11-2013
I am starting to clean out my daycare supplies, because I close down in 8 more days and want to get as much done as I can before the summer vacation begins.

I have only been open for five years, and I am ASTOUNDED at how much stuff I have accumulated. I feel like a hoarder, and I am a neurotically organized and clean person in my regular, upstairs life. Holy Cow ~ it is ridiculous how much I have down here! Definitely have my work cut out for me!!!!
MyAngels 08:44 AM 06-11-2013
I wonder if you should create a website or an eBay store to sell all of it? It seems like you could make quite a bit more money that way, but it would be more work setting it up.
daycarediva 09:41 AM 06-11-2013
If anything is shippable, you should list it on ebay and link us!
Crazy In Mo 10:18 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I agree!! I love buying stuff for daycare
melilley 10:24 AM 06-11-2013

TheGoodLife 11:01 AM 06-11-2013

williams2008 11:14 AM 06-11-2013

jenn 12:40 PM 06-11-2013
I have noticed ads on craigslist under childcare of people closing their daycares to let other providers know that they are listing a lot of items. Normally the items are pictured and listed in the kids/toys section.
Unregistered 05:28 PM 06-11-2013
Hi I am in the process of opening up a day care and I am looking for day care furniture for sale. I am not sure where you are located but can you please contact me at elitesrvcs@gmail.com for more information.

Thank you,
Amy T.
DaycareMama 07:04 PM 06-11-2013

AmyKidsCo 01:46 PM 06-12-2013
Ditto!!!

I'm not closing but am planning to purge my stuff this summer. I rotate toys but figure anything I haven't pulled out in 2-3 years isn't worth keeping.
BBDC 04:30 PM 06-12-2013
where are you located? if anywhere close maybe would be interested!
MarinaVanessa 09:42 AM 06-13-2013
You might even try to find a local resource and referral service or child care association that may announce your closing. If you give them enough time they can get the word out for you.

I'm a part of our local child care association and that's one of the things that we like to help with. If someone is closing down whether they are a member or not we will let our members know. Members love great sales so it helps out both.

We give our members the persons contact info so they can call and schedule private viewings and the provider that's closing picks a weekend to have a provider only sale and all members get an invite. These are very successful. The rest of the items that are leftover the provider can take photos of and list on CL with info and prices and the general public can contact her if they are interested. If you have a yard sale you can have your R&R announce it for providers only and then do a second day for everyone in general and make an ad on CL.
WImom 12:05 PM 06-13-2013
I agree!! I'd love to see what you have that is shippable.
Tags:closing daycare, selling - stuff
Reply Up