Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tadpoles vs Brightwheel for Daily Reports??
Crazy8 11:17 AM 08-16-2016
Has anyone else tried both and have a preference? I have been using tadpoles for a few months and like it. Today I am using Brightwheel for first time and feeling like it is lacking some things tadpoles has but I remember I didn't love Tadpoles at first either so I am trying to give it some time. If you've tried both can you tell me what you like/dislike about each of them??
Crazy8 12:22 PM 08-16-2016
my first comparison... tadpoles emails report every evening, brightwheel I believe you have to check the app yourself?
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 08-17-2016
I just downloaded and started using Brightwheel.

I have NOT invited any of my families yet because I really dont know what I am doing yet...

I think I need to play around with it first before I invite parents but I too am interested in hearing other provider's experiences and feed back about either Brightwheel or Tadpoles or any of the software that does this stuff...
Crazy8 11:00 AM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I just downloaded and started using Brightwheel.

I have NOT invited any of my families yet because I really dont know what I am doing yet...

I think I need to play around with it first before I invite parents but I too am interested in hearing other provider's experiences and feed back about either Brightwheel or Tadpoles or any of the software that does this stuff...
I put my own son in Brightwheel just so I could check it out and see if I can tell what my parents can see. One thing I am not sure I like about BW is parents can log in any time of day to see the report, Tadpoles they get the report at the end of the day when I check them out. Sometimes I don't get a chance to do many updates until nap time.
Blackcat31 11:17 AM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I put my own son in Brightwheel just so I could check it out and see if I can tell what my parents can see. One thing I am not sure I like about BW is parents can log in any time of day to see the report, Tadpoles they get the report at the end of the day when I check them out. Sometimes I don't get a chance to do many updates until nap time.
Oh, that makes a big difference to me too.. I have a mama with MAJOR anxiety and if she logged in just to check and I hadn't have updated it, I can totally see her freaking out and getting worried.

Maybe I will try them both out a little bit and then ask the parents of my infants which one they seem to like best....only as feedback though...not as a deciding vote.

It's got to be fairly pain free for me to enter stuff or I don't want to do it as we have our hands full already with everything we have going on during the day.
MunchkinWrangler 11:59 AM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh, that makes a big difference to me too.. I have a mama with MAJOR anxiety and if she logged in just to check and I hadn't have updated it, I can totally see her freaking out and getting worried.

Maybe I will try them both out a little bit and then ask the parents of my infants which one they seem to like best....only as feedback though...not as a deciding vote.

It's got to be fairly pain free for me to enter stuff or I don't want to do it as we have our hands full already with everything we have going on during the day.
That was my qualm about Brightwheel also. We have busy mornings and I don't think I'd be able to put anything on the schedule until naptime.

I want to use some type of app like this because then pickups would be quicker. I try to keep it short but a convo is always started or it leads to other things.
Unregistered 03:23 PM 08-17-2016
I just started using Daily Note by Kaymbu. So far I love it because it is easy to use. I can send the same notes for multiple children and just type it once. I am using the free version so I don't have the ability to take pictures and attach those like the other two apps, however that is ok for me since I have a website and Facebook page where I post pictures of what we are doing. I send it at the end of the day and parents can choose to have it texted or emailed to them.
Tags:apps, brightwheel, software for daycares, software/apps, tadpoles
Reply Up