Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tadpoles Pro iPhone App
wahmof3 02:44 PM 06-21-2012
Anyone use the Tadpoles Pro iphone app?

Can you tell me if the DCP have to purchase the Tadpoles app for $9.99 or can I send the info to them without them having to purchase the app?

TIA
Blackcat31 03:30 PM 06-21-2012
I don't use it but I just searched the App store for it and the only thing I can see is ChildCare by Tadpoles for teachers/providers to use but it is free and then right underneath it is a Tadpoles Parent app for $9.99 and if you read the info on it, it says the Tadpoles Parent is to be used in conjunction with child cares/schools that use the ChildCare by Tadpoles app.

So that makes me think that the one for you (provider/teacher) is free but the parents have to use it from their end. It does have an option to "gift" the app to the parent in case you are feeling generous....

I use Baby Connect instead. It was free when I got it but is now $4.99. It is also compatible with PC's so I like it alot better. Parents don't have to pay for the info I send to them.

HTH.
sfp 07:40 PM 06-21-2012
You can send an email to parents with the tadpoles app so they CAN access the info for free, but you will be charged a monthly fee. I think it's an amazing app and am planning to implement it in my center...

If you try it please give us your thoughts!!!
Andy @ tadpoles 05:06 AM 06-22-2012
Hi Tia,
The parent app is completely optional for your parents. All parents will receive updates right in their email (photos and videos, daily reports, notes and reminders). The parent app gives them some additional capabilities to organize all of your communications and receive push notifications on new updates.

As a provider, you can also track attendance, manage schedules and maintain a child portfolio and then view that from our dashboard on our website at http://tadpoles.com. Our focus is to help you get rid of paper and save time while keeping your parents connected.

Also, if you have multiple devices and multiple employees we'll synchronize all of that content across all of them in real-time.

As sfp mentioned there is a monthly fee to use the service as a provider but it's free for the parents. Let us know if you ever need any help at talk.to.us@tadpoles.com.

Thanks!
Andy
Creek 05:17 AM 06-22-2012
What are these apps for?

Ok, I just checked out Childcare by Tadpole. One of the reviews states that it's a free trial but to continue using it, that there would be a monthly fee.
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Andy @ tadpoles:
Hi Tia,
The parent app is completely optional for your parents. All parents will receive updates right in their email (photos and videos, daily reports, notes and reminders). The parent app gives them some additional capabilities to organize all of your communications and receive push notifications on new updates.

As a provider, you can also track attendance, manage schedules and maintain a child portfolio and then view that from our dashboard on our website at http://tadpoles.com. Our focus is to help you get rid of paper and save time while keeping your parents connected.

Also, if you have multiple devices and multiple employees we'll synchronize all of that content across all of them in real-time.

As sfp mentioned there is a monthly fee to use the service as a provider but it's free for the parents. Let us know if you ever need any help at talk.to.us@tadpoles.com.

Thanks!
Andy
Thank you for responding and giving some helpful hints and contact info for this app.
Kiki 07:18 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Andy @ tadpoles:
Hi Tia,

Thanks!
Andy
Hmm. I'm checking out the site now. I wonder how often my parents check their email, and if this is something worth looking into. It looks pretty nice!
wahmof3 01:30 PM 06-22-2012
It looks AWESOME

I am not sure about a $10/month fee. I am a home daycare and I don't have a lot of flexibility in my income.

I'm going to check Baby Connect out.

Thanks!!!!
Maureen 07:35 AM 11-14-2017
The app is free for parents and the center pays a monthly fee based on the number of children in the program. My families and teachers love it but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out for sure.
Cat Herder 07:43 AM 11-14-2017
No invoicing, auto-pay, time/space calculations, general business accounting or W-10's in the description.
hwichlaz 08:42 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
No invoicing, auto-pay, time/space calculations, general business accounting or W-10's in the description.
yeah, honestly an affordable daycare specific accounting app is more likely to get my money.
Tags:app, iphone, tadpoles
Reply Up