Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mr. Rogers - "Won’t You be my Neighbor "
Bookworm 04:16 PM 07-09-2018
For anyone who loves Mr. Rogers, please go see this movie. Make sure you bring a box of tissues. He has touched so many lives. He had a way of explaining complex issues to children. He was never condescending and he made sure that millions of children know how special they are. I almost forgot how amazing he was.
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 07-10-2018
I grew up watching Mr Rogers. It was a good show!
DaveA 08:05 AM 07-10-2018
When I was a kid I never liked Mr Rodgers. I always thought we were going to find out he had a basement full of bodies or something. That being said you can't deny his impact or great intentions.

Favorite story I ever heard about him was that his car got stolen and when local radio got ahold of the story and kept retelling it the car got dropped off in front of a police station with an apology note. Don't know if it's true but it's a cool story.
Cat Herder 08:13 AM 07-10-2018
He was the first "soft, gentle" (for lack of a better explanation) man I had been exposed to. I remember being really confused by him at first, then hanging on his every word.
Ariana 11:07 AM 07-10-2018
Gotta see this!! I hate crying in theatres so will wait until it is released on DVD
Annalee 11:19 AM 07-10-2018
I guess I am one of the few that didn't grow up watching Mr. Rogers.....my dad wasn't a fan of sesame street or anything else on PBS, plus we didn't watch that much TV growing up.
happymom 11:34 AM 07-10-2018
I seriously cry whenever I listen to a special or see a youtube video about this amazing human.
Baby Beluga 02:23 PM 07-10-2018
I love Mr. Rodgers. For those with Amazon Prime, you can watch episodes on prime video.
Homebody 03:17 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
When I was a kid I never liked Mr Rodgers. I always thought we were going to find out he had a basement full of bodies or something. That being said you can't deny his impact or great intentions.
I didn't care for him either when I was a kid. I found him a little creepy. I watched Captain Kangaroo and Sesame Street instead.

My kids however love Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and I don't mind it that much either.
Bookworm 10:28 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
I seriously cry whenever I listen to a special or see a youtube video about this amazing human.
My boss gave us a pack of tissues before the movie.
Josiegirl 03:27 AM 07-11-2018
My ds watched Mr. Rodgers along with Sesame Street. I liked what he taught kids but found it hard to watch, as an adult. Just, I don't know, too *nice* or something. Lol

I grew up watching Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room. Eons ago.
lovemykidstoo 06:03 AM 07-11-2018
Is this at the movies now, or Netflix? I would like to watch it. I will say I pictured him living in his moms basement lol, but he was truly an amazing man and would like to learn more about him.
Baby Beluga 08:40 AM 07-11-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Is this at the movies now, or Netflix? I would like to watch it. I will say I pictured him living in his moms basement lol, but he was truly an amazing man and would like to learn more about him.
I just googled, looks like it's in the theaters right now.

ETA: 99% on rotten tomatoes and 8.7/10 for IMDb. Wow...
lovemykidstoo 09:05 AM 07-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I just googled, looks like it's in the theaters right now.

ETA: 99% on rotten tomatoes and 8.7/10 for IMDb. Wow...
Thanks! I look forward to watching it.
Unregistered 06:43 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I guess I am one of the few that didn't grow up watching Mr. Rogers.....my dad wasn't a fan of sesame street or anything else on PBS, plus we didn't watch that much TV growing up.

I felt that he was disturbing and a little "off, KWIM?
Tags:diversity, movie suggestions
Reply Up