Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 8 9 10 11 12 20  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
SD DaycareMOM 07:08 AM 02-23-2012
My early arrival dcb stayed home today for -potential- pink eye (thank you dcparents!), so I got an extra hour to myself this morning! Now, if we can just cross our fingers that no one else gets pink eye!
Sunchimes 08:42 AM 02-23-2012
One of my dcks is bi-racial. (Is that the pc term? I don't use it often enough to keep up.) Anyway, I've always just sort of wadded her hair up on top of her head in a little fountain. But, it's longer now and the fountain wasn't working. I've tried pigtails, but the back hair wasn't long enough. I've been doing pigtails on top and one in the back. Not great, but it was working.

Today, mom brought me a pick (what a great tool!). I managed to part it in a straight line and figure out the perfect spot for her pigtail to hold that back hair. I rock!! Looks like something her mom would have done.
Sunchimes 08:54 AM 02-23-2012
There may be a light glimmering at the end of the tunnel. My precocious 17 month old started the No, Me, I don't need help stage several weeks ago. It's been...challenging. Today, she finally figured out that she may need help sometimes and learned a new word-hep.

I've learned to ask if she needs help before I step in a do it (removing coat, picking up the turned over wagon, etc.) She always says No, can't do it alone, and has a little fit. Today, she turned over the stroller, I asked if she needed help and she said no. I stepped back and let her try. After a couple of minutes, she looked over at me and said, "Hep". I fixed it and she signed thank you.

These moments are why I keep loving my job.
SD DaycareMOM 02:57 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
There may be a light glimmering at the end of the tunnel. My precocious 17 month old started the No, Me, I don't need help stage several weeks ago. It's been...challenging. Today, she finally figured out that she may need help sometimes and learned a new word-hep.

I've learned to ask if she needs help before I step in a do it (removing coat, picking up the turned over wagon, etc.) She always says No, can't do it alone, and has a little fit. Today, she turned over the stroller, I asked if she needed help and she said no. I stepped back and let her try. After a couple of minutes, she looked over at me and said, "Hep". I fixed it and she signed thank you.

These moments are why I keep loving my job.
Way to go, Sunchimes! Reminds me of one of my new favorite sayings:

I've gotten much better, but still working on it every day! Congratulations on allowing this child to succeed by small steps!
MrsB 09:13 AM 03-01-2012
Little background first.

3 yrd old DCB started here in Nov. He has a significant speech delay and other issues. Parents refused alot of services saying he was fine but agreed for a speech therapist to come. I offered for the speech therapist to come here during daycare hours to do his therapy sessions.

The great thing, she came here for her 6 month assessment and wrote such rave reviews about me! What a wonderful program I had. How I take time to interact with each child and am able to meet each childs needs individually. She talked about how my program and how I interact with this boy is exactly what he needs to be successful. Also she wrote "In my opnion E______'s major improvement in his communication skills over the last 4 months are specifically due to attending Mrs.B's daycare"

So happy! I just love my special needs kiddilie-doos!

Mom got the report in the mail yesterday and she came this morning at drop off in tears, flowers, and her monthly payment that included a significant raise!
Sunchimes 03:02 PM 03-01-2012
MrsB, that's wonderful. Congratulations on the raise and the successful little one.
Sunchimes 03:06 PM 03-01-2012
I met my newest dck this afternoon--he's 5 weeks old and will start next week, or maybe the week after, depending on her schedule.

I've never kept one this young and was scared to death, but after spending an hour with his this afternoon, I'm only sort of terrified.

He doesn't worry me--if it was just babies all day, I'd do fine. I'm just worried about juggling the baby and 2 18 month olds. I know people do it every day, and I will figure it out too, but it will be an interesting week or two while I figure it out. And, I changed her contract to part time instead of drop in, so for the first time, I'll be making enough to have some disposable income.
beachgrl 10:04 AM 03-19-2012
Well after more than 6 months of advertising, interviewing and waiting for more kids to come along I think I have filled my last two spaces with siblings who are starting tomorrow. I will have to get up a good bit earlier since my other families arrive between 8:30-10 and they will be getting here closer to my actual hours opening time but they will leave a couple hours earlier in the afteroon too so it balances out!

I just have to get up and stay up once i get up to get my son on the bus but it will b worth it and i should be up that early anyway..ive just beeen enjoying
Being able to sleep in sometimes because i figured id get a family that would need to come earlier eventually anyway.

Yay for more friends and more income coming in...finally, been needing this for awhile.
rhondawarren 11:41 AM 03-21-2012
Today's been a tough one but ......... I do have something positive today I finished revising my new Parent Handbook and other forms. As well as finished completing changing my rates and building/launching my new Child Care website

So ... I am happy that I accomplished alot today.
AmyLeigh 02:27 PM 03-23-2012
Today started out with the potential to be a bad one....I didn't sleep well, 3 yo dd was in my bed at 5:00 am....

But I had promised to take everyone to the children's museum. We packed a lunch and headed out. Everyone was so well behaved at the museum, we went to a park to have a picnic and play on the playground. Now, the little girls are napping, my 8 yo is doing her schoolwork and the boys are happily playing by themselves in the back yard.

It was nice to praise instead of punish today. Oh, and I get paid extra this week because all of the families needed extra care to volunteer at the church!! Yay!

TGIF!
SilverSabre25 12:52 PM 03-30-2012
Went to get everyone up from nap and found all three still sound asleep! I grinned and closed the door again.

Gotta love plenty of good outside play and a good lunch!
MNMum 01:54 PM 03-30-2012
My first client, who started here at 9 mos in August, had his last day yesterday. I always knew he would not be here for long, in her interview mom explained that she feels children should be in a "classroom" environment from a very young age. His sibling, a 3 year old, attends the cdc accross the street, and he was eligible to go there at 16 mos. Mom gave a 5 week notice, has repeatedly told me she will refer any and all to my daycare, and gave a $100 giftcard in thanks. It's nice to be appreciated!
rhondawarren 11:01 AM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
My first client, who started here at 9 mos in August, had his last day yesterday. I always knew he would not be here for long, in her interview mom explained that she feels children should be in a "classroom" environment from a very young age. His sibling, a 3 year old, attends the cdc accross the street, and he was eligible to go there at 16 mos. Mom gave a 5 week notice, has repeatedly told me she will refer any and all to my daycare, and gave a $100 giftcard in thanks. It's nice to be appreciated!
Thats Great!!
rhondawarren 11:02 AM 04-02-2012
I had an unexpected day with no DCK's today - its a nice break
But ready to get back with a full house soon! I have a couple of
FT openings to fill!
sahm2three 01:12 PM 04-04-2012
We had a new baby start on Tuesday and she is AMAZING!!! She is 3 months old. She is happy and snugglie and sweet! She coos and laughs and allows us to put her down and she just watches everyone. She is the cutest thing ever! She is restoring my faith in humanity! ROFL! I DESERVE this good baby! LOL! So nice!
rhondawarren 01:14 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
We had a new baby start on Tuesday and she is AMAZING!!! She is 3 months old. She is happy and snugglie and sweet! She coos and laughs and allows us to put her down and she just watches everyone. She is the cutest thing ever! She is restoring my faith in humanity! ROFL! I DESERVE this good baby! LOL! So nice!
Very Cute
Country Kids 01:19 PM 04-04-2012
Congratulations!!!! You sooooo deserve this baby. I feel the baby fairy has let her land in your childcare so that you can have fun with one.
sahm2three 06:06 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Congratulations!!!! You sooooo deserve this baby. I feel the baby fairy has let her land in your childcare so that you can have fun with one.
I agree! She is amazing! We are enjoying her so much!
SamanthaMerkle 11:39 AM 04-05-2012
Today is the last day of the trial period for both of my first two daycare kids. It was a rough start with the 4 month old boy (pink eye, blocked tear duct, horrible allergies, tuning into his hunger/sleep cues), but after a few days things got better. I love the parents and the kids are great. I have them all on a comfortable schedule and getting along. I have a good 2-3 hours in the afternoon to recoup while they peacefully nap. Today I realized that this is what I was looking forward to and I'm glad I've reached it The highlight this week was sending home a finger painting and a drawing that the baby did. It turns out that it was his first art work ever and the parents were really touched by it.
AmyLeigh 11:02 AM 04-16-2012
A friend from church stopped by this morning. She said she salvaged two trash bags full of toys from her neighbor. The neighbor just cleaned out her sons toy collection and was throwing them away. My friend said she grabbed them and thought of me immediately. There is a Lionel train set, a Hot Wheels track set,Llittle People/John Deere farm set, a ton of cars/truck/trains, some duplo blocks, an indoor bowling set and much more!! The kids have been going crazy with them all this morning. Couldn't have been better timing, as I have noticed that they have been losing interest in our toys lately. What a blessing!
Frizzled 11:17 AM 04-17-2012
Background- dcf interviewed and signed contract during the interview. Started the next day (yesterday). I charged them a fulltime rate because in her email that is what she stated he would be. Well, he gets dropped off by 2:30 and picked up at 5:45 m-th and is only actually ft on every other Friday! Yay for getting paid more! I mentioned the discrepancy when they dropped off at 2:30 (I was expecting them at 7:30 and called to find out where they were, mom didn't answer and didn't call back. She texted at 1 and said when they would be there) and she said not to worry about it, they were just happy to have a good place to care for their dcb! YAY! Made my day that much better!
kysayms2 09:39 AM 04-27-2012
Thats Great!

queenbee 01:15 PM 04-27-2012
Today's lunch we had Organic homemade macaroni & cheese, whole wheat roll, apple slices and broccoli w/ ranch to dip.

All 12 of my children today - from 12 months to 6 years went straight for the broccoli and devoured it. Most even forgot the ranch on their plate.

I my good eaters
DCMom 01:40 PM 05-10-2012
I am off tomorrow and Monday and I got these delivered today from my newest daycare family They are already an awesome family, now this. I am truly blessed.
Attached: DCDigitalFrame.jpg (33.0 KB) 
Kiki 03:04 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I am off tomorrow and Monday and I got these delivered today from my newest daycare family They are already an awesome family, now this. I am truly blessed.
How sweet!

My giggle for this whole week: My niece has always called me 'Nana', she knows my name, but refuses to call me anything but 'Nana'. So, now, all of the DCK have picked up on it, except for one. All day, she runs up to me screaming 'BANANA, I...'
wahmof3 05:53 AM 05-31-2012
This morning I was surprised by a big iced cookie, flowers, a candy dish, and cards with the kindest words written in them! Today is my last full time day for summer and Monday is my birthday. The past couple of weeks have been a struggle for me, so today I feel so blessed

I do have some really great DCF's
SilverSabre25 05:12 AM 06-06-2012
Unexpected cinch of a day--only one dck and she's EASY!

I think we'll probably find some super-special things to do today.
Creek 05:27 AM 06-22-2012
This morning, a DCD said Thank you for the father's day gift.
That makes it 1 out of 4 DCD's that said TY, but I don't care, that's awesome! lol, One is better than none!

Also, another DCF took the day off today cause they were taking DCB and his sibling out for the day. Awesome all around.
BumbleBee 11:31 AM 06-22-2012
I got the approval from the village counsil to put up a fence! This is the last big expense for now. Feels so good to be checking things off my list. For once my list is getting shorter, not longer!
queenbee 12:46 PM 07-05-2012
All 13 of my kids have been so WONDERFUL today! I expected some trouble, as most of my parents informed me that they stayed up later than usual bedtimes for fireworks. But, everyone is playing great, listening like champs, the weather is gorgeous (unheard of at this time if the year!) and after a great morning at the park, every single sweet angel is sleeping peacefully. I expect a full 3-hour nap today from each little (and big) child today
sharlan 04:32 PM 07-05-2012
I had so much to do last Monday that I knew it was going to be a rough day.

One of my former dcg's texted me on Sun night and asked if she could come hang out on Monday. She took extremely good care of the babies while I did yardwork, cooking, and cleaning. I had to change 1 diaper the whole day. She did all of the feeding, changing, playing, and checking up during naptime.
mema 11:07 AM 07-09-2012
I placed an ad yesterday. Fingers crossed that I get a few calls! Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!
Atroya 09:08 AM 07-24-2012
Oh soooo happy!! I have a set of twins that are both borderline autistic(parents have been in denial..school has been pushing them since kindergarten but I have not said anything since I don't want to loose them) One is way worse than the other. This morning dcm said the one has a Dr. appointment tomorrow am. I asked casually if it was for a checkup, and she said "no, a neurologist...he has problems" I said "oh" and left it at that. Secretly I was doing a dance and yelling "Yay, finally" inside my head. He will finally get the help he needs!!! The other one that is mostly normal I think will end up slipping through the cracks. He has some of the more subtle symptoms, along the obsessive/compulsive end of it. Rather than not communicating, he will talk almost non-stop, which I have read can be another symptom, although he may be more of an asperger's case. He obsesses about odd things, and has unusually strong fear of things most kids ignore.

Anyhow....happy one of them is going to finally get the support he needs!
daycarediva 11:19 AM 07-24-2012
That's fantastic! Early intervention is key! My son has ASD, dx as aspergers. He obsesses about the weirdest things, is OCD about everything and talks incessantly about nonesense (talks AT me, not TO me). Unless Mom pushes, or someone says something that poor kid will fall through the cracks. If his brother gets a diagnosis. Casually ask Mom what she saw that warranted a call to a neurologist. Then mention that you see that same thing in dcb #2, maybe he is 'mimicing' other dcb, and suggest that she have them both evaluated just in case.
Lyss 08:42 AM 07-25-2012
Holy Moly I have no kids today and my husband has the day off for a change! Between parent illness, vacations, and schedule changes I find myself with an unexpected day off!
daycarediva 02:39 PM 07-25-2012
In fantastic news, my daycare boy that is fairly new (3 weeks here) has transitioned soooooo well! I didn't have high hopes so I am pleasantly surprised! He got picked up yesterday and said "Daddy I had so much fun at dayTare. I yub it!" <<<CUTE!
BumbleBee 08:18 PM 07-25-2012
Received my Certificate of Registration today!
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 07-26-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Received my Certificate of Registration today!
Congratulations! Very happy for you!!
daycarediva 09:54 AM 07-26-2012
A successful 5 kid nap (all asleep before I even finished a book), cooler weather, no whining AT ALL today. Seriously, every day should go this smooth!
SilverSabre25 09:32 AM 07-27-2012
Sometimes I'm really happy that I procrastinated about changing a diaper immediately after nap...because then the kid poops and I just saved myself a change and the parents a diaper!
daycarediva 09:44 AM 07-27-2012
One dcb today (all on vacations & 1 sick kid), who is really good friends with ds. Sitting on the deck, sipping a lemonade as they run around the yard with the hose like crazy people.
daycarediva 12:03 PM 07-27-2012
a daycare right around the corner from me is closing (her youngest is starting school and she doesn't want to continue) and she just emailed me to buy things.
Daycarelady1979 01:08 PM 07-27-2012
I only have 2 dck's right now and today 1 of them stayed home with her daddy and the other 1 came late and left early! Woo-hoo! Plus it's payday

Happy Friday!!
daycarediva 04:31 PM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
a daycare right around the corner from me is closing (her youngest is starting school and she doesn't want to continue) and she just emailed me to buy things.
She had the exact table that I was going to buy, and the same size chairs I needed and I got it all for $200! It was going to cost me well over $500+shipping! I also picked up a few other things that I wanted (but didn't need)
daycarediva 10:26 AM 07-31-2012
2 year old dcb sits next to 3 1/2 yo dcb at lunch. 2 yo keeps saying "It stinteeee" and pinching his nose. He keeps sniffing around (yes like a dog). 3 1/2 yo dcb and 2 yo dcb get up to toss their plates and 2yo drops his (empty) plate, grabs the back of 3 1/2 yo shorts and pulls them open to see if he pooped! Funny thing is, HE DID! 2yo dcb says "ewwww dross!" picks up his plate, tosses it, and CHANGES seats(the furthest seat from 3 1/2 yo dcb he could find)! I about died laughing!
mema 11:04 AM 07-31-2012
Dh is on week 2 of his new job! He wanted to quit the one that he received at the beginning of the summer and this one popped up! It's funny how for 2 years he was searching for a new job and applied to over 30 places in that time and found nothing and now is on his 2nd one of the summer. Hopefully this one works out a lot better because he can't switch anymore, at least not for a year-we need insurance

Oh, and I only have 18 days left with SAer's! And vaca is 10 days 22 hours and 30 min away (yep, got it down to the min the plane takes off)
SilverSabre25 05:03 AM 08-02-2012
DCG greeted me with giggles and hug this morning... usually she's crying and carrying on despite being with me since she was 11 months old. The giggles and hug were a MUCH nicer way to start the day!
daycarediva 05:27 AM 08-10-2012
Two of my daycare parents commented last week that my Friday's are always so light (all of my other families are M-Thurs but longer hours) so they would like to switch hours at work to accomodate Fridays OFF! I even told them up front that I charge the other families for FT rates because they are here 10-12 hours a day, so the same number of hours. They understood. One came today and said it's in the works, her other office manager is going to go Tue-Fri longer hours and the other Mom said she is trying to do the same! That means that I will only have one SA dcb (who is good friends with DS) on Fridays, and we can go do fun things! It also means that during the school year I will have 9-2:30 FREE every Friday!

Can you feel the love!? Love my daycare parents!
Bookworm 07:10 PM 08-10-2012
All the planets aligned today for the best day ever.

1. Almost all of the problem kids didn't show up today.
2. We were stuck inside because of rain but all of the kids got along great. There was some minor bickering but for the most part they play great together.
3. Every child slept during nap. No one had any potty accidents and no one woke up crying.

They behaved so good today, we went to Sonic and bought slushees for the class. BEST DAY EVER!
daycarediva 10:56 AM 08-13-2012
I replaced the daycare girl that is aging out with a FT kiddo (pending signing of the contract) she is getting the paperwork together for me ASAP to have her take my drop in spot for now, and then FT the very next day dcg leaves!
Jewels 11:43 AM 08-16-2012
I just wanted to have a bragging moment, I have 3 kids starting kindergarten(one my own) And I am so proud to be sending them to kindergarten
being able to read, 2 of them including my son are at a second and a half grade reading level- 3rd, my son is at 3rd, but I have more time with him, my other daycare girl was tested at 2 1/2 grade (my neighbor does the reading assesments for the elementary school and came over to test them) and my other is at a 1st- second grade. I just felt so proud of what I do, I wanted to brag somewhere, where I would hopefully not be to annoying. okay bragging over.
Blackcat31 11:51 AM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by Jewels:
I just wanted to have a bragging moment, I have 3 kids starting kindergarten(one my own) And I am so proud to be sending them to kindergarten
being able to read, 2 of them including my son are at a second and a half grade reading level- 3rd, my son is at 3rd, but I have more time with him, my other daycare girl was tested at 2 1/2 grade (my neighbor does the reading assesments for the elementary school and came over to test them) and my other is at a 1st- second grade. I just felt so proud of what I do, I wanted to brag somewhere, where I would hopefully not be to annoying. okay bragging over.
You should be proud!!!!

Good for you!

Great job with the kiddos!
MyAngels 06:40 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by Jewels:
You Rock!!
BumbleBee 06:52 PM 08-16-2012
Got my first call for providing care! Tour & interview on Monday. Fingers crossed that they show up!
MarinaVanessa 09:11 AM 08-17-2012
I just wanted to say to all and say that I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKK!!

I just got married on Saturday and even though pretty much everything went wrong I still had a wonderful time and everyone thought it was great.

For those that don't know, I am on the board of my county's child care association and I was just recently informed that our Vice President will be retiring in December and I was nominated for the position . I of course said yes!

Good to be back ladies!
MyAngels 09:15 AM 08-17-2012
Got my first call for providing care! Tour & interview on Monday. Fingers crossed that they show up!
Good luck - keep us posted on how it goes.

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

I just got married on Saturday and even though pretty much everything went wrong I still had a wonderful time and everyone thought it was great.

For those that don't know, I am on the board of my county's child care association and I was just recently informed that our Vice President will be retiring in December and I was nominated for the position . I of course said yes!

Good to be back ladies!
Welcome back - best wishes for your marriage and congratulations on the nomination! Sounds like you're one busy lady .
saved4always 03:56 PM 08-17-2012

Good to be back ladies!
Congratulations on your wedding and on your nomination!
wahmof3 05:41 PM 08-17-2012

Good to be back ladies!
CONGRATS!!!!!!
BumbleBee 02:46 PM 08-20-2012
The mom called at 10:30 this morning to confirm our tour & interview at 12:30. Showed up on time, we did the interview & tour. She said she was very impressed

She's going to talk with her husband tonight (he was unable to come today) and will call me by Friday with an answer at the latest.

I feel like it went extremely well!
BumbleBee 10:49 AM 08-22-2012
The mom called at 10:30 this morning to confirm our tour & interview at 12:30. Showed up on time, we did the interview & tour. She said she was very impressed

She's going to talk with her husband tonight (he was unable to come today) and will call me by Friday with an answer at the latest.

I feel like it went extremely well!
She said yes! Woohoo! I officially have my first dck!
daycarediva 04:23 PM 08-22-2012
Congratulations!!!!

Mom handed me a check dated for Friday (for next weeks care) and in the memo she wrote 'For the best daycare ever' she often does little notes like that! Makes my day!
queenbee 05:29 PM 08-23-2012
I figured this belonged in the Positive Thread.

I run a group home daycare with 14 children enrolled. I have between 10 and 12 children each day with my assistant and we run like a well-oiled machine. Yesterday I had 6 kids, and today I had 5. Tomorrow I'll have just 4 kids and I'm hating life I am so NOT cut out for a small daycare as I've been bored out of my MIND these past two days. Every minute passes slowly, everyone plays and behaves well so they don't need anything other than minimal supervision and would you believe me if I said I actually wished I had more diapers to change than just 3 at 4 times each day? I had so much time on my hands I cleaned toys twice just because I had nothing else to do

This is positive because I'm thankful I'm full each day with amazing children who love, laugh and play so wonderfully. I'm thankful I have a Waiting List with children who are anxious to get into my daycare and I am thankful I can operate a group home daycare.

I'm loving my job right now
mema 11:40 AM 08-31-2012
1. It's Friday
2. It's a 3 day weekend
3. It is the last day of summer , but it is the last day for SAer's only 3 hours and 20 minutes to go
Sunshine74 11:04 PM 09-02-2012
I know it was a few days ago, but Friday was the best "Last Day of Summer" I've had with the preschoolers in awhile. We wanted to do something really special, so as soon as nap was over we got the kids in their bathing suits and we went outside for an ice cream sundae/water play party. We let the children make their own sundaes and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with our hose and outdoor water tables. It was the perfect send off!
Sunchimes 12:38 PM 09-12-2012
I finally got the pool table moved out of my playroom!! I had a 4 day weekend (not good--I need a FT kid!) and spent most of it working on my room. I got my play kitchen assembled and it's adorable. I rearranged the entire room, bought a bean bag chair, and put away about half of the toys. I also got some storage bins for things that need kept out of reach and were stored on top of the pool table. Oh, and I also got my huge pink chalkboard set up. I washed all the windows and put up new clings. It looks gorgeous and so spacious and cheerful now.

Dcg (25 mo) walked in this morning and stopped with her mouth open then ran to the bean bag yelling "Big ball!" Then she saw the kitchen and screeched and ran to it. She played for a solid hour in the kitchen area. I wish I'd had the camera handy to record that first face.

I think Mom was pretty impressed with the changes too! She was my first client 19 mo ago when the playroom was still my sewing room. She's seen my place evolve and get better, so this was pretty noticeable. I have 2 walls to decorate, but I'm not in a hurry. I want what I want, so I'm just putting up some random posters for now.
rhymia1 08:16 AM 09-26-2012
My 3.5 year old dc boy asked if he could read the book for circle time today. It was the cutest thing ever
mema 11:33 AM 09-28-2012
Need to come up with a positive as it has been a not so positive week......

TGIF!

That's all I have and for anyone that's around this area, I really hope your ear plugs worked this morning and your l.o.'s still took their am naps ok

Oh, and 1 more positive....the weekend is suppose to be a glorious one
jojosmommy 11:44 AM 09-28-2012
Yes tgif!

...... now to locate those ear plugs.... nap isnt going so well today......
rhymia1 10:26 AM 10-09-2012
Friday was the last day with the "crying" family!!! And I started three new kids today and it's gone wonderfully!! All my kids seem so much happier!! Today has made it clear that I made the right decision.
Luna 08:52 AM 10-10-2012
One of my daycare families brought me a Halloween wreath that they made together .
sahm2three 08:51 AM 10-19-2012
I was snuggling with my little 1 year old dcb and his sibling came up to me and patted me on the back and said, "Johnny loves you!" It made my morning!
sharlan 09:53 AM 10-19-2012
My 3 yo didn't come in kicking and screaming today. Dad picks up, which means no kicking and screaming tonight.
daycarediva 12:07 PM 10-19-2012
My first day with a new dcg and when she just got picked up, she came running back in to give me a hug before she left. Made my day!
mysonsmom1 05:34 PM 10-22-2012
It makes my day when you meet great parents who really care about their children. A lovely little lady started care today and she was adorable. I treasured the moments when she would let me hold and rock her. At 15 months old, she is still a baby. Infants that try to dance with their lack of full balance is a funny thing to watch. The only way that I knew that she was dancing was when she clapped her hands and moved her head up and down. Its these moments that make me happy that I am in this business.
daycarediva 05:25 PM 10-28-2012
I am living the daycare dream right now!

All of my spots are filled, everyday, even though I am juggling a few pt kids. Because of my pay scale, PT kids pay more than FT. All of my kids are adorable, all great eaters, play-ers, nappers, and all really well behaved AND no screamers! My families are all great too! (save one Mom but the kid makes up for it )

I am just feeling VERY lucky at the moment-
AmyLeigh 01:53 PM 11-01-2012
Got 2 of my boys back! Mom decided to enroll them in the after school program when the school year started. She got married just 2 weeks ago, and today, her new dh called me asking if I had room for them after school. I knew they would be back. It will be only for 2 hours a day, 3x a week. And he offered to pay each week in advance! (which I never have asked for in the past) Private pay! No CCAP! He feels a home environment would be better for the boys, and they can be picked up when he is off work @ 4:30 instead of being forced to wait until 6:00. Eight in the morning until 6:00-6:30 at night is a long day for a Ker and 2nd grader. It's just too much for the little boogers. They were the difficult ones here, but between my love for them and the part time schedule, I jumped at the chance to have them back. It's like getting paid for playdates!
This is perfect. I was just telling my dh that I don't want to advertise for anymore dcks, but it would be nice if I could find one part time that would work with my schedule.
LittleD 11:41 PM 11-02-2012
I don't think I've ever posted in the positive thread before, lol!

I had to move my daycare to a smaller space due to financial reasons, and my co-ordinator was not impressed. She went to call all of my parents to 'make sure they were ok with it 'because it will be such a big adjustment,' and all this other stuff which sounds like she wants to make me lose them....

And they all raved about me! To her and to me!

I had one mom txt me right after she got off the phone saying my co-ordinator must have it in for me

Another who told me that she loves me out of all the other providers she had before. That she knows her child is safe and well looked after with

Another who said you had my child whipped into shape in a week, and isn't not the where but who the provider is?

I felt validated, like I wasn't just a babysitter, but someone who has the children's interests and well being taken into consideration! I never realized that the parents valued me so much!
kitykids3 06:31 PM 11-03-2012
It wasn't today, but on Wednesday my little 10 month old took her first steps not holding onto anything. Monday we were still working on standing (only got to 5 seconds) and Wednesdays she walked her first 2 -5 steps. Those are the moments i live for, seeing them 'get' what i've been trying to teach them.
Sunshine74 07:15 PM 11-07-2012
I came back to work today after being out sick for several days. One SA girl (I had her last year in preschool) was so excited to see me, she gave me a big hug and didn't want to let go. She said she wanted to come back to the preschool room with me.

It is nice to be missed sometimes.
Brooksie 08:23 AM 11-09-2012
It's a girls day at Sprouts! We spent the morning playing dress ups and doing thanksgiving crafts, and now I'm enjoying a FLAWLESS nap time, sitting in the book nook drinking a cup of tea. Now THIS is how I like my Fridays
lindysmiles 11:56 AM 11-09-2012
I am so very, VERY thankful to find out that the sweet 14 month old girl that interviewed with me earlier this week will be starting the 1st week of December! And also, it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*
MNMum 08:44 AM 11-13-2012
I got a phone call at 8:05am Monday morning, 5 minutes after dcb was scheduled to arrived. It was dad, apologizing for not letting me know sooner, dcb would be gone all week. Mom is on Maternity leave, dad was travelling for work, so mom went to gma's house for the week. I said "Thanks for letting me know". That was about it for the conversation. Afterwards, I thought, I wonder if I am going to have to ask for payment. This morning, my husband found a check in our mailbox! I love parents that follow the contract they signed, and keep kids home when it makes sense!
sahm2three 09:46 AM 11-15-2012
When being dropped off this morning, one of the dcm's said, "X was singing a song on there way here about coming to your house! He was so excited when we pulled up in the driveway!" It made my day!
tenderhearts 02:38 PM 11-15-2012
2 yr old dcg keeps telling, "chelle" I say "yes" and she says "I wuf you". Its just warms my heart
sahm2three 09:39 AM 11-20-2012
We were doing our "I am thankful for" pages today, and one of my dcb's added coming to my house as one of the things he is thankful for! It was mommy, daddy, sister, my house, then snack! LOL! It made me feel so good!
Sugar Magnolia 07:19 AM 11-25-2012
We were doing our "I am thankful for" pages today, and one of my dcb's added coming to my house as one of the things he is thankful for! It was mommy, daddy, sister, my house, then snack! LOL! It made me feel so good!
You should definitely keep doing your crafts!
Holiday Park 08:39 PM 11-28-2012
Im posting late because I was tired and went to bed early, then had to wake for my son to nurse.... So Im up at 11:30 . Anyway , I had very demanding drop in baby who makes my day harder when shes here. And her dad who is a manager at a local pizza place asks me to tell him what 3 pizzas do we want, so he brings them at pick up . We got a free dinner ! It was really nice and they really make me feel appreciated. So much more apreciated , than with the other parents. And that eas not the first time they did stuff like that .
BumbleBee 05:12 PM 11-29-2012
1. It was 54 this afternoon and we were able to play in a big ol' pile of leaves in the yard.

2. Mom commented that her daughter was sooooooo happy to be back at my house after her vacation!

3. Mom added a tip to my check for next weeks care
kitykids3 07:34 PM 11-29-2012
Speech therapist came to give assessment of my 2yr old dcg to see if she qualifies for therapy from Birth to Three. She does! Great, because I feel so bad cuz she is always 'telling' me so much, but I never can understand 98%.
kitykids3 07:57 PM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
You should definitely keep doing your crafts!
Last week one of my 4 yrs olds said "I'm thankful to be here with you, Miss A." when I asked her what she was thankful for her feather on our 'thankful turkey' board.
They just melt your heart sometimes.
daycarediva 05:54 AM 11-30-2012
Dcb is just starting to talk, hugged me this morning at drop off and said "Shuff shoe!" (love you) he has only said that to Mom until this morning!
kitykids3 06:54 PM 12-03-2012
Found out baby N is going to have a sibling in June. She's only 12 months old but I am curious what her sibling will be like.
Sunshine74 08:59 PM 12-04-2012
One of our grandma's makes jam and for everyone's birthday she brings them a jar of jam and half a sub from Subway. Well my birthday is Thursday, so I got my birthday gift today. It is such a kind thing for her to do, and it is so nice to be appreciated.
ninosqueridos 06:16 PM 12-10-2012
Warm, fuzzy feeling day....one of my former dck (in K now) came for a day today...and she and my own kids were loving playing together aaallllll dayyyy. So sweet.
MamaG 01:06 AM 12-17-2012
I got a text that I'm going to be off again this Monday. Yay! I ain't complaining.
Play Care 06:32 AM 12-17-2012
We finally completed our parent's craft for my annual open house! For some reason the first batch did not come out and I was so nervous!!
Danie362 01:55 PM 12-17-2012
I finally got word that I am officially licensed after 5 long months of getting everything together. Super excited
Patches 12:12 PM 12-26-2012
I got my license last month and opened this month. No kids yet. I have had several phone calls and even one person scheldule an interview (never showed up. Boy, was that a hit to my ego), but none worked out. Just got a call from a mom looking for a daycare. She is (supposedly) coming tomorrow Just keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out
MamaG 01:15 PM 12-26-2012
My dcf gave me a bottle of wine for Christmas they know me so well.
MamaG 01:16 PM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by miss_kristle:
I got my license last month and opened this month. No kids yet. I have had several phone calls and even one person scheldule an interview (never showed up. Boy, was that a hit to my ego), but none worked out. Just got a call from a mom looking for a daycare. She is (supposedly) coming tomorrow Just keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out
Good luck! It takes time to find clients but it will happen.
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 8 9 10 11 12 20  ... Last
Reply Up