Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Parents Night Out
GretasLittleFriends 09:37 AM 02-03-2012
Our church is planning a youth fund raiser, where the youth (grades 7-12) will be hosting a parents night out. The idea is a Friday Night 5p - 10p. Pizza (with juice and/or milk), movie and games. (Maybe crafts, but not sure) The parents will be able to pick/drop at anytime during that time frame, but only one pick/drop. We will have emergency forms too. My question is for advertising.

We want it to be a fund raiser. In my area, the average hourly rate for daycare is $2.50/hour. Trying to figure out how to word the fee. I am afraid that if we do a free-will donation that the kids won't even make enough to cover the cost of the evening. Yes, there are a LOT of people in this area that would take advantage. I was thinking of suggesting charging a minimum of $10 per child for the evening with the option of if they want to pay more they can.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Blackcat31 01:17 PM 02-03-2012
How about saying something like;
"The cost is $10 per child plus whatever you feel you can afford to help the youth of our church."?

Or

Parent Night Out
Cost: $10 per child to attend
$ 5 for extra fun

Maybe you could have a deal where if they pay the $10, the child can attend but if they pay $20 (or whatever) they can come home with a T-shirt ( done as one of the crafts that night) or a few photos to share with their parents showing how much fun they had?

I am sorry, those might not be anything near what you were looking for but that's all I got off the top of my head.
cheerfuldom 03:35 PM 02-03-2012
$10 per child
additional monetary donations happily accepted

thank you for supporting the youth of (insert church name) as they raise funds for (insert goal)
Reply Up