Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Illness Exclusion..Happy I Had Backbone, But..
allsmiles 06:22 PM 01-15-2013
my sub was working today.. when i came in i saw that dcb was hot with fever, sub said he was cranky and not eating. took his fever and it was 101.. mom told us previously that dcb brother (not in my care)had been diagnosed with STREP
so i told her because of fever he could not return tomorrow as per our illness policy. She mumbled that she didnt know who she was gonna have to watch him.. i felt bad, but i know i have to think of the other littles i have in care. sighhhhhh
rbmom 07:34 PM 01-15-2013
Way to go!
e.j. 05:58 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by allsmiles:
She mumbled that she didnt know who she was gonna have to watch him.. i felt bad, but i know i have to think of the other littles i have in care. sighhhhhh
Not your problem. You did the right thing. Instead of feeling bad for sending him home, feel great about protecting your health and the health of the other kids in your care.
AllDeezBabies 06:09 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by allsmiles:
my sub was working today.. when i came in i saw that dcb was hot with fever, sub said he was cranky and not eating. took his fever and it was 101.. mom told us previously that dcb brother (not in my care)had been diagnosed with STREP
so i told her because of fever he could not return tomorrow as per our illness policy. She mumbled that she didnt know who she was gonna have to watch him.. i felt bad, but i know i have to think of the other littles i have in care. sighhhhhh
You know what would be the BESTEST idea in the world?? How about SHE watch the baby!!

We hate to have to turn the babies away/send home but they put us in the most awkward positions. I say this because I doubt that the first sign of him being sick was at your daycare. He was showing signs prior to and she ignored it and decided to bring him to care anyway. We need more daycare law abiding citizens.
allsmiles 07:21 AM 01-16-2013
yall are completely right..
and yes she knew he was getting sick, im sure of it..she mentioned monday he was eating like normal.. i totally understand not being able to take too many days off, but you hve kids, they get sick, sometimes one after the other so it is what it is!

just glad i had the backbone to put my foot down because i have no doubt even though i SHOWED her the thermometer and he was burning up, she woudl have brought him today if i hadnt told her she couldnt..

thanks you guys
Tags:illness policy
Reply Up