Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help my backbone
Thriftylady 11:43 AM 04-22-2015
This is the notice I want to give new daycare mom today, what do you think?

TERMINATION WARNING

As per your contract, the policies in the handbook must be followed at all times. This week they have not been followed. Samantha has not been bringing shoes to care in case we play outside, and her clothing would not allow her to wear shoes if she did. She needs to come to care in clothing without feet, and have shoes and socks for use as weather permits. Also, her permission slips for activities has not been signed. I did change that permission slip for you, but it MUST be signed.

Please understand this is group care, and I offer certain services that you choose to either use, or not but that my policies must be followed. If you find you cannot follow my policies, we will have to end care at the end your trial period on Friday 04/24/2015.
Kabob 11:52 AM 04-22-2015
I send out a "friendly reminder" note saying: As per my policies, all children must arrive ready for the day's activities. This includes the following items (then I list specific items). Please send your child with these items at drop off or your child will be refused at the door without these items. Thank you for your understanding!

I then say (if they forget): Whoops, looks like we forgot xyz today. Please take little Susie and go get xyz for little Susie so she can have fun with her friends today. I'll see you and Susie when you get back with xyz.
TXhomedaycare 01:03 PM 04-22-2015
I think it is perfect. I only have 1 suggestions. It might go over better if make a compliment sandwich so you don't upset your parents (unless she is the type of person that needs that type of message). I try and use my soft skills/customer service background since I can be too direct at times. After stating that she is in violation of your policies I would add that you would hate for DCG to miss out on group activities. Keep all of what you have and at the end add something like, Thank you for your support or thanks in advance for your cooperation or my favorite Thank you for trusting me with your most precious possession .
Thriftylady 01:05 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by TXhomedaycare:
I think it is perfect. I only have 1 suggestions. It might go over better if make a compliment sandwich so you don't upset your parents (unless she is the type of person that needs that type of message). I try and use my soft skills/customer service background since I can be too direct at times. After stating that she is in violation of your policies I would add that you would hate for DCG to miss out on group activities. Keep all of what you have and at the end add something like, Thank you for your support or thanks in advance for your cooperation or my favorite Thank you for trusting me with your most precious possession .
Thanks! I wasn't blessed with much tact, just bluntness LOL. But being a new client I really need to get her in line with policies now rather than try later.
Thriftylady 02:09 PM 04-22-2015
UPDATE: I didn't give her the letter just had another permission slip ready and she signed it. She was upset because dad didn't do it lol. I may tell dad tomorrow about the shoes and such since drops her off.
daycare 03:38 PM 04-22-2015
starting a new program with new rules takes times to adjust.

Per our daycare policies, (then add in what the issues are here) and consequence for not following through)

At abc daycare we want to set each family and child up for success, but can only do so when parents follow the rules.

Thank you for your cooperation in this and all daycare matters.

your provider.
Thriftylady 04:26 PM 04-22-2015
You are right Daycare, but my issue is my lack of backbone. I am trying to grow one and maybe over thinking some things? I dunno but I hope I find the right middle ground.
daycare 04:35 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
You are right Daycare, but my issue is my lack of backbone. I am trying to grow one and maybe over thinking some things? I dunno but I hope I find the right middle ground.
It wouodnt be normal if you didn't over think it. Lol

I tend to over think most things too.

However you need to grow it to make it work is what you need to do. It is different for all of us.

I sometimes throw the book at people too, but I get better every time I use it. Time and implementing it every single time is how to do it.
Thriftylady 04:37 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
It wouodnt be normal if you didn't over think it. Lol

I tend to over think most things too.

However you need to grow it to make it work is what you need to do. It is different for all of us.

I sometimes throw the book at people too, but I get better every time I use it. Time and implementing it every single time is how to do it.
Yeah before when I did daycare, of course it was 15 years ago, I had never heard of a handbook. My parents got by with murder with me.
daycare 04:41 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Yeah before when I did daycare, of course it was 15 years ago, I had never heard of a handbook. My parents got by with murder with me.
You and me both. I was the queen of push over and the King of door mats lol

Now I'm known to be a stickler for rules. Lol.
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 04-23-2015
Hehe yeh, when I found out we should make handbooks and stand up for our business, I remember thinking wow, we can DO that?? Nobody will come if we don't cater to what they need. But I've found they have more respect if you spell it out firmly but nicely and stand your ground.
Tags:backbone - not, termination letter
Reply Up