Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Fundraising With Free Vacation Certificates?
carolina 02:22 AM 01-20-2015
I want to raise funds for some new playground equipment and overall upgrades. I'm looking to do something that is simple and doesn't take up a lot of time.

Among the ideas and products I have been looking at to earn money is giving away free vacation certificates to supporters/Donors in return for donations.

Looks like all I would need to do is tell people that if they donate to my project I'll reward them with a free vacation certificate.

The company is Free Vacation Profits. Does anyone have any experience with this company or done fundraising with vacation certificates?
AmyKidsCo 09:26 AM 01-20-2015
I don't understand... Parents donate to your fund and get free daycare? That seems counterproductive. IMO the best fundraisers are food items - especially candy.
Annalee 09:40 AM 01-20-2015
We sold candles for fundraiser and it was worth it... We got 50% of what we sold and ended up with enough to pea gravel the playground and buy a table with 6 chairs inside. Good luck!
carolina 11:05 AM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I don't understand... Parents donate to your fund and get free daycare? That seems counterproductive. IMO the best fundraisers are food items - especially candy.
The certificates allow you to create your own fundraising ideas based around them. You have full control over how you use them. My idea is to ask for donations around the community and give anyone who contributed money a free vacation certificate in appreciation.

The cost for the certificates is very low (0.28 cents each or less), so if I average $5.00 per donation, or even less, the profit will be very high. I could even set a minimum donation amount.

Since the true value of the vacation certificate when used (2 nights free hotel stays) is much greater than what most people will give, it is a great deal for them.

I think offering 2 nights free hotel stay in Orlando, Myrtle beach, San Diego, Cape Cod, or any of the more than 50 other destinations will get people's attention. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts about it.
Blackcat31 11:08 AM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by carolina:
The certificates allow you to create your own fundraising ideas based around them. You have full control over how you use them. My idea is to ask for donations around the community and give anyone who contributed money a free vacation certificate in appreciation.

The cost for the certificates is very low (0.28 cents each or less), so if I average $5.00 per donation, or even less, the profit will be very high. I could even set a minimum donation amount.

Since the true value of the vacation certificate when used (2 nights free hotel stays) is much greater than what most people will give, it is a great deal for them.

I think offering 2 nights free hotel stay in Orlando, Myrtle beach, San Diego, Cape Cod, or any of the more than 50 other destinations will get people's attention. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts about it.
Im even more confused now..

Are you a child care provider or a travel agent?

If you are a provider that is trying to raise money for playground equipment, how can you afford to buy vacation stays?

Im confused as to how you can get them so cheaply?
carolina 01:33 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Im even more confused now..

Are you a child care provider or a travel agent?

If you are a provider that is trying to raise money for playground equipment, how can you afford to buy vacation stays?

Im confused as to how you can get them so cheaply?
I am not currently a licensed provider, but I am working towards that goal. I need to raise money to help me pay for many expenses, not just playground equipment.

Buying vacations is not what I am talking about at all. These certificates are mostly used by businesses as incentives to attract more customers or reward their customers for making a purchase.

They are also used by charities in a similar fashion. I got the idea after seeing a group called Kids4Kars offering people vacation certificates as a thank you for donating cars to them.

I would rather not get too deep into how it all works because I don't know everything, but it seems pretty simple. If you would like to contact the company just send me a message and I'll give you their web address, or I can post it here if that's Okay.
jenboo 05:30 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by carolina:
I am not currently a licensed provider, but I am working towards that goal. I need to raise money to help me pay for many expenses, not just playground equipment.

Buying vacations is not what I am talking about at all. These certificates are mostly used by businesses as incentives to attract more customers or reward their customers for making a purchase.

They are also used by charities in a similar fashion. I got the idea after seeing a group called Kids4Kars offering people vacation certificates as a thank you for donating cars to them.

I would rather not get too deep into how it all works because I don't know everything, but it seems pretty simple. If you would like to contact the company just send me a message and I'll give you their web address, or I can post it here if that's Okay.
So who is actually paying for these two free nights at a hotel?
That is where I'm confused.
BrooklynM 05:43 PM 01-20-2015
If it sounds too good to be true...
carolina 06:11 AM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
So who is actually paying for these two free nights at a hotel?
That is where I'm confused.
Well I went ahead and ordered 500 certificates today because I believe they will work for me.

After reading the FAQ page from the company's website again I think I have some answers to your question. I will summarize what I read as best I can.............

Hotels usually have a number of vacant rooms. This is especially true on week days. Vacant rooms mean loss of income for the hotel.

The hotels and resort condominiums that participate in this program have partnered with travel companies to offer some of the rooms free (no room charge) for two nights in order to bring in more Guests.

Guests are required to pay room taxes which amount to $15 or less per night. Guests also have to pay a $12 processing fee before making reservations. So there are some cost involved.

The hotels are willing to do because they know that even free Guests are going to spend money in their hotels for food, souvenirs, entertainment, etc.

They know that some of the free Guests will extend their stay. The extra nights will be paid for. The hotels are hoping those same free Guests will return for paid stays in the future, and they know that if the Guest is pleased with their property they are likely to recommend it to friends.

Hope this makes things just a bit clearer as to why the rooms are free.
Reply Up