Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Business Bank Account
jenidae 10:12 AM 01-25-2011
Help!!! New to the business!! Does any one have a business bank account or do you just use your general family one? If you have a business one do you "pay" yourself or just buy household things with that account? Thanks!
WImom 10:26 AM 01-25-2011
I have a business account and I pay myself every week.
cillybean83 10:43 AM 01-25-2011
i cash my checks at the dcps bank and save the receipts to record payment, then I put 15% in my savings account for taxes, buy supplies that I need, and whatever left over is my "pay"....amazing how a $100 weekly fee becomes a $50 weekly paycheck for me....
SandeeAR 11:12 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
i cash my checks at the dcps bank and save the receipts to record payment, then I put 15% in my savings account for taxes, buy supplies that I need, and whatever left over is my "pay"....amazing how a $100 weekly fee becomes a $50 weekly paycheck for me....

15%!!! Wow I was told 1/4 to 1/3 set aside for taxes!

Oh TOM!!!! What do you advise??????
cillybean83 11:59 AM 01-25-2011
i always get a refund because we get earned income credit and the child tax credit, so i put it back as a safety net "just in case" something were to happen and i ended up paying in, plus it was my first year and i took a loss so the amount i put back might need to change if i fill up all year.

Tennessee doesn't have state income tax either, so that helps!
SandeeAR 12:07 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
i always get a refund because we get earned income credit and the child tax credit, so i put it back as a safety net "just in case" something were to happen and i ended up paying in, plus it was my first year and i took a loss so the amount i put back might need to change if i fill up all year.

Tennessee doesn't have state income tax either, so that helps!
Kids are grown, so no Child Tax Credit. Don't own a home anymore, so no deductions there either. I did spend a lot getting started this year. Had 3 kids part time 1st half of the year and 4 kids part time the 2nd half of the year. I know I didn't pay in the full 1/3 this year, due to moving expenses. So, I'm praying my deductions off set the part I didn't pay in!
SandeeAR 12:08 PM 01-25-2011
BTW , OP, didn't mean to side track your thread.

I have a separate account too. It is a DBA, Doing Business As account. I keep my tax money in it and take out the rest to a separate acct to spend as needed.
KEG123 12:29 PM 01-25-2011
I don't have one yet, but was curious... if you do have a business account, how is it different from a regular account?? Or IS it a regular account, that you just use for business? Or is it a special "business" account.
Tags:bank account, business bank account
Reply Up