Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stroller or Walk?
Nickel 03:38 PM 10-10-2012
I know this topic has come up before about the best strollers, etc, but I have a slightly different question.

I want to get out and take the kids for a walk around the neighborhood. The only "sidewalk" is a gravel path next to the main road (in a subdivision). There are no sidewalks in front of the houses, every home has a driveway, and some cars do park in the street. Most streets are quiet except for two roads. One that has the gravel path, and another I woudn't walk on even With a stroller.

So I am caught between buying a double stroller and just pushing the younger children or buying a quad stroller and pushing ALL the children. The possible combinations of children is

2 3yr olds
1 almost 2 yr old
1 to 2 infants (newborn and 3 mnth old)

OR
2 3yr old
1 newborn

Or 1 3 yr old
1 almost 2yr old
1 almost 1 yr old
1 3mnth old

I was thinking when I have both infants I could just wear one and push the quad. OR I could push 2 infants in a double stroller and the other three could walk. But ideally how far could they walk? The school is only a few blocks away. I can walk there and back in less than 30 minutes at a quick pace. Walking slower, is this realistic to expect the older children to walk that far? Or should I just go with a quad, or a triple stroller and then the 3 yr olds could walk?

Really I don't want to fork out $400 if I don't use it much. The double stroller I could use for myself if we have another child. And it's also $150. A HUGE difference. So is it worth it to purchase the quad. Or could I get away with a double stroller and add one of those kickboard things? Then I could push some and carry another? idk, but I really would like to get the children outside more.

Also, another weird question. how do you take 2 babies outside at the same time? I have a stone walkway from my porch to the play area. So I would have to take one outside, put them down, then grab the other? So one child would be left alone inside or outside the house? Not something I am comfortable with.... What do you all do?
Tags:stroller
Up