Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rest Time Misbehaving
Unregistered 01:13 PM 04-09-2015
What do you do when toddlers act up or do things to get in trouble at rest time?
e.j. 01:58 PM 04-09-2015
Usually, I sit at my computer during nap time because it's right outside my day care room and I can keep an eye on everyone from there. Troublemakers get their cot moved right next to me which usually stops the poor behavior immediately. It's like a fate worse than death for some reason. After the first time being moved, I usually only have to ask, "Do I need to move you right next to me?" and they settle right down and go to sleep.
daycare 03:05 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Usually, I sit at my computer during nap time because it's right outside my day care room and I can keep an eye on everyone from there. Troublemakers get their cot moved right next to me which usually stops the poor behavior immediately. It's like a fate worse than death for some reason. After the first time being moved, I usually only have to ask, "Do I need to move you right next to me?" and they settle right down and go to sleep.
Ditto on this and it really only takes once.
Sugar Magnolia 09:28 AM 04-10-2015
I simply stare at them with a blank look on my face.....and I don't stop staring. A slow shaking of the head "no" is added as needed. I find the expressionless stare works in many different situations. I find it more effective than saying words sometime.
daycare 09:44 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I simply stare at them with a blank look on my face.....and I don't stop staring. A slow shaking of the head "no" is added as needed. I find the expressionless stare works in many different situations. I find it more effective than saying words sometime.
Hahahha I have a story about that

I had a DcG who would be having issues at home and would tell her mom NO don't look at me like miss N.

Next day DCM begging me to teach her the look. Lo
That's true. A stern face can say a 1000 words without saying anything at all.
SilverSabre25 10:12 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:

I had a DcG who would be having issues at home and would tell her mom NO don't look at me like miss N.

The Look used to work for me. .. now I have 2 who seem to be immune to it. even adding their name in the Voice doesn't work for the newest one!
Sugar Magnolia 11:56 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:

Its not even a stern face I use........just.....blank, emotionless, just a confirmation "I see you". 😔
daycare 12:13 PM 04-10-2015

Its not even a stern face I use........just.....blank, emotionless, just a confirmation "I see you". 😔
lol.....got an emoji for that....lol
Reply Up