Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Pick The Perfect House
KTsKids 06:53 AM 03-02-2018
My fiancé and I just got approved for a mortgage and are starting our search for a home tomorrow. I've been running my business from a two bedroom apartment for about 7 years so I am beyond thrilled to be upgrading, however I'm a bit overwhelmed. I currently live right by a large hospital and a home depot call center that employs thousands, so I always have a wait list. We can't afford to buy a home in this area though so I will be starting from scratch wherever we end up. The further we move from Atlanta the more we'll get from our money, but I'm concerned if we get to rural that it may be a challenge to get clients.

My fiancé doesn't seem to have much of an opinion. Everything I show him online gets the same response-"I like it", "that one's nice", or my personal favorite "it's a house". I showed him a photo of a tiny 1 bedroom home that needs to be gutted and rebuilt and he said "sure if you like it, it's nice".

I know I'd like to find a home where the daycare could be in a separate area, like a finished basement or bonus room. I'm also looking for something with a flat backyard. Does anyone have any tips for how to narrow my search beyond that? If you were starting over in a new home what would you look for? Would you go for a smaller/older home to be closer to the city? Could I be successful in a rural area? I appreciate any thoughts you all may have.
Tags:buying a house
Up