Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Display Required Postings?
MamaJ 02:31 PM 09-05-2011
here in MI I have to display the following in a conspicuous area:

no smoking sign during daycare hours
fire, tornado and serious accident plans
my license
list of current recalled child products
emergency numbers/plan

I have put these on a large poster board put up with tacks, and was hoping just putting it in my garage will suffice when licensing comes for a visit.... (parents come both thru my garage and front door). most of these items minus no-smoking sign are 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. I have them displayed side by side now...so it's a huge board. think these can just be stapled all together one on top of the other and then put up somewhere?

if that doesn't work though, how do you display this stuff, in your HOME, without it looking ridiculous? I don't want it posted in my living room, or in my front entry. Yes, i could constantly take it down/put it up during daycare hours, but that's a pain.

suggestions?
morgan24 03:23 PM 09-05-2011
I put magnets on the back of my no smoking sign and put it on the door and take it down at the end of the day. Everything else is on a piece of poster board at the bottom of the stairs, where every parent can see it when they come down the stairs.

If your parents come through the garage and see it on the way in I would think that spot would be okay. I'm like you and do not want it posted in my living room. I don't know about you but I haven't had one parent read the recall list since I have had to post it, I think it's a waste of time or really look over anything else on the board.
Christina72684 05:23 PM 09-05-2011
That's so weird that you ask this because I was just trying to figure out mine today. I have mine in our main play room on a cork board, but wanted to use that space for holiday decorations and kids' pictures. I was wondering too if they could overlap each other, so that you can see the title/heading of the pages only and put the most important page on top. I would think that would be okay, but don't want to get in trouble with licensing either.
Childminder 08:14 PM 09-05-2011
Here in MI we are required to have a notebook with required information, like inspections, fire drills, etc... available for parent to see. i place my license in the clear sleeve on the front cover and all of the rest of the information in clear sleeves inside of it. All parents are told that the information is there for them and licensing has not complained. I do have a small 5x7 note in a plastic magnetic holder on the upper left corner of my front door that says No Smoking on the premises during daycare hours.

If you do a newsletter you can also put the information in it each issue.
Abigail 09:28 PM 09-05-2011
How many product recall papers do you have up? Are you allowed to have them all in a binder and just add to it when a new recall comes out? Where do you print your sheets from for product recalls....I get emails and it's boring to look through without having a simple breakdown of what it is and a photo like Walmart has in their stores.
Gigi 01:22 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by MamaJ:
here in MI I have to display the following in a conspicuous area:

no smoking sign during daycare hours
fire, tornado and serious accident plans
my license
list of current recalled child products
emergency numbers/plan

I have put these on a large poster board put up with tacks, and was hoping just putting it in my garage will suffice when licensing comes for a visit.... (parents come both thru my garage and front door). most of these items minus no-smoking sign are 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. I have them displayed side by side now...so it's a huge board. think these can just be stapled all together one on top of the other and then put up somewhere?

if that doesn't work though, how do you display this stuff, in your HOME, without it looking ridiculous? I don't want it posted in my living room, or in my front entry. Yes, i could constantly take it down/put it up during daycare hours, but that's a pain.

suggestions?
Well, you can get buy a really big frame, and place the accidents in one frame. Your registration/ license info in one, list of recalled product in one and a separate picture frame for the emergency numbers.

Or staple them in canvas frames too. You can hang them when needed and take them down sometimes too.
MamaJ 03:27 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by :
Here in MI we are required to have a notebook with required information, like inspections, fire drills, etc... available for parent to see. i place my license in the clear sleeve on the front cover and all of the rest of the information in clear sleeves inside of it. All parents are told that the information is there for them and licensing has not complained. I do have a small 5x7 note in a plastic magnetic holder on the upper left corner of my front door that says No Smoking on the premises during daycare hours.

If you do a newsletter you can also put the information in it each issue.
this is what i'm going to try then, being in MI also. Hopefully it'll fly with my licensor too when she comes to inspect next week...b/c I just don't want a huge cork board to hang up.

as far as the recall list- we aren't required to post the entire list that changes daily...there's just one sheet I have to post that lists many of them, along with info on where to find the rest
melskids 06:23 AM 09-06-2011
maybe you could put it all on a piece of posterboard and laminate it... add a loop of string to hang it up. then just take it down at night. it would only be one nail in the wall. or even one of those 3M hooks that can come off.
MarinaVanessa 07:09 AM 09-06-2011
I like the lamination idea. That would be really easy to put up and bring down. Maybe you can do that and do the magnetic squares so you can put it on your front door screen like someone said. That would take care of your issue with all of the informational posts.

I frame my license and CPR certificates in a frame with mat board and simple decorations. It helps make it look nicer than just taping them on my wall or something.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...e/DSC_0017.jpg
pixsydust 12:39 PM 09-06-2011
I'm in MI too. Since all of the stuff (license, escape plan, recalls, fire extinguisher and no smoking signs) has to be "posted" somewhere the parents will see them this is what I did. For my license and escape plan I put them in a pretty 11x14 matted frame and hung them on the wall by my front door (it actually looks cute and my daycare consultant complimented me for how nice it looked). I bought the fire extinguisher and no smoking signs at Lowe's. They have a sticky back. I placed the no smoking sign on my door that the parents use daily (they come in through my garage) so they see it as soon as they come in. The fire extinguisher sign is stuck to the closet door that I have the fire extinguisher mounted in. For the recalls I have them taped to the closet door above the fire extinguisher sign. I just cut out the recalls list from Michigan Child Care Matters publication. The recalls are listed on the back of the last page. My consultant actually suggested I use that list so it made it easy for me. I hope that helps.
Tags:michigan, rules
Reply Up