Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excuses For Breaking Rules/Policies
DaycareMom 03:09 PM 12-03-2013
A DCM kept letting her son bring juice in the morning, so I told her not to bring juice anymore. Then she starts letting him bring in anything he could find. No joke - he was bringing in ripped out pages from books at home. I told her per my policy that he needed to come empty handed.

She responded with, "But, he won't LET me put him in the car."
This boy is 2 yo!

Just such an absolutely ridiculous excuse ...

What excuses have DCPs given you for breaking your rules/policies?
Unregistered 03:19 PM 12-03-2013
I get the same excuse here . I'm so sick of it ,
He didn't let me change his diaper
He didn't want to eat breakfast
He wouldn't let me change him
He wouldn't let me do his hair
He wouldn't leave the toy in the car
He wanted his phone
He wants his blankey
He's addicted to nursing
He wouldn't stop crying so I had to/ foil in the blank
He wouldn't let me put his shoes
He wanted to wear his pjs
He wants his candy
He doesn't nap
He wouldn't go to sleep last night
And the list goes on
Bla bla bla bla , where's the parenting ?
Naptime yet? 03:28 PM 12-03-2013
My dad always said (and still does) to me, "Who's the parent?". I want that on a t- shirt to wear everyday.
DaycareMom 03:36 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
My dad always said (and still does) to me, "Who's the parent?". I want that on a t- shirt to wear everyday.
Hahahaha my dad does too! Love it!
coolconfidentme 04:01 PM 12-03-2013
I had a come to Jesus party with a parent today; I was tired of her many excuses. She was taken back & begged me not to kick her outta daycare. She had tears in her eyes, really! I ran with it & told her we can go on a probation period & see how it goes. (giggle)
nanglgrl 04:37 PM 12-03-2013
I'm usually pretty direct but in a goofy way. I usually respond to the "he/she wouldn't let me" with "he's/she's 2 feet tall. What did he/she do, kick you in the shin?". If the goofy approach doesn't work I say "ok well tell me exactly what happened so I can help you find a way to change your child out of pajamas before daycare". They usually start to tell me and then realize how ridiculous it sounds.
Lucy 09:10 PM 12-03-2013
This isn't breaking a rule, but.....

The one I've gotten lately from a mom of a 5 yr old. She arrives late (only like 5 minutes), and says "she would NOT get out of bed this morning!"

Then to top it off, she'll bargain with her that she'll get her a prize of some sort if she cooperates in the mornings from now on. I just turn my back and go do something else - rolling my eyes the whole time.
Tags:breaking rules, rules
Reply Up