Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WWYD (Infant Question)
momneedscoffee 10:36 AM 04-01-2016
So I have a 5 mo dcg. She is the easiest happiest baby ever! But! Lately she has not been napping. I change her, feed her while rocking her. Close to the same times each day. When she is done with her Bottle i put her in the pack n play (upstairs where it is the most quiet and I turn on the loud br fan for some white noise ). She used to sleep for up to 3 hours. Now when I lay her down she either wakes up immediately or by the time I get back downstairs. She wakes up happy and doesn't get crabby without a nap. But. She's a baby! She needs naps! And I need her to nap so I can do more with my other kids. What would you do? Leave her in the pnp for awhile as a sort of quiet time for her? Cry it out? (Tho she usually doesn't cry lol). Help!
Unregistered 12:08 PM 04-01-2016
How long are you waiting before you get her up? I would leave her for about 10 minutes, go back and tell her it's time to go to.sleep, tuck her back in and wait 10 more minutes. Next time you go back in, no talking, just tuck her back in and leave. I would probably leave her to try to put herself back to sleep for 30 minutes. If she's not sleeping by then, get her up (or wait a little longer if she's not crying) but that should do the trick. Make sure everyday you're doing the same nap time routine at the same time every day and it shouldn't take long to get her to take a nap.
Michael 12:42 PM 04-01-2016
More threads on infants that won't sleep: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+won%27t+sleep
Unregistered 04:52 PM 04-01-2016
I have a little foster baby - 8 mo - and she is the same way. She's so happy and easy. She doesn't sleep at all during the day but she does sleep 14 hours at night. Even putting her in the bed and establishing a routine, she doesn't fall asleep. She talks and sings in her bed. I do give her the rest time and do what I need to and then get her up again. I've never had a baby this way either.
Tags:infant, infant - won't sleep
Reply Up