Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>advice on reniged registration hold
Unregistered 03:56 PM 08-12-2015
Hello,
Need some advice here. First time parents - looking at local daycare for an infant. We were communicating with a director of a Christian daycare connected to a conservative church. We were invited to tour....and in thr tour we liked what we were seeing. We asked the person helping with our tour if we could make a hold deposit for April 2016 - 8 months away. The person giving us the tour was a different person (director out on vacation) said they would have an opening and accepted our $35 deposit - gave us a recipt stating "Recipt for infant room registration April 2016". Paid by check. Verbal confirmation at the time of payment that we have a spot reserved - presumably this is the second in command.

I proceed to email the Director asking for the parent handbook. 3 weeks goes by....no response. I call 3 wks later and the Director answers. She explains her daughter had to have a surgery - which is why she hasn't gotten back. Then proceeds to say that they've not cashed the check - and she can't confirm they will hold a spot for April 2016. She says lots of places don't reserve this far...and instead suggests that we can pay 600 (full price daycare monthly cost) a month now - April 2016 is only way to hold spot... (ridiculous suggestion). Or instead she will list us on the waitlist and we can call back January 2016 and at that time they will confirm whether or not to accept us at that time. I ask what of the $35? -Answer was she will hold check in a safe...doesn't want to cash if cant confirm a hold/reserve.

What do you think? Was this exchange of a verbal contact and receipt a binding hold for daycare? What should I do? Part of me is concerned by this poor misscommunication of their staff and also signs of bad management. No bad reviews about this daycare...and we really liked it. Any thoughts? Don't wanna piss them off but at the same time this feels to be a renig and unfair.
Up