Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Signing the Policy Handbook and Contract
JeepGirl6 11:08 AM 01-20-2011
I gave all of my day care parents ( 10 different families) my new Policy Handbook and Contract 2 weeks ago...Only two families have returned them to me signed...the other 8 have yet to return them. Do any of you have this problem? Should I put a date it needs to be turned in by? I was expecting they would bring them back the next day..I am not that worried about it, I just don't understand why it is taking them so long...
Missani 11:12 AM 01-20-2011
Post a reminder note. That always seems to help me get things back. They may have just forgotten or need a little reminder to grab it off the counter, etc. If that doesn't help, ask them about it directly at pick up/drop off. Once they talk to you face-to-face they are more likely to return it.
Blackcat31 11:13 AM 01-20-2011
I post a list at the door of with all the families names on them. As they return necessary paperwork I cross off their name......no one likes being the last one and especially if everyone knows it.
Cat Herder 12:07 PM 01-20-2011
My annual contract has a "Failure to sign and return by **** will be considered non-agreement with this contract and will serve as your notice of intent to terminate care. You will have two weeks after said date to find alternative care. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."
MyAngels 01:43 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
My annual contract has a "Failure to sign and return by **** will be considered non-agreement with this contract and will serve as your notice of intent to terminate care. You will have two weeks after said date to find alternative care. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."
I like this approach, and may use it next time .

When I've had this problem in the past I print up fresh copies for each and have them waiting at pick up/drop off, along with a pen and have them sign before leaving - they don't get to take it with them .
lvt77 01:49 PM 01-20-2011
I used to have this issue until I wrote in my PHB that all documents that require signature must be returned by the asking date. The PHB is part of your child’s DC records and you are required to have all of your Childs records up to date per county licensing and state. If you fail to bring your signed document(s) back by the requested return date, your child will not be able to return to care until it has been received. No discounts or credits will be issued.
Reason for this is because I almost came into a discrimination law suit. All parents have to follow the same rules, so all must sign the same rules, unless they refuse. If they refuse then they dont enroll their child.
momatheart 02:50 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I post a list at the door of with all the families names on them. As they return necessary paperwork I cross off their name......no one likes being the last one and especially if everyone knows it.
love this idea
SandeeAR 05:30 PM 01-20-2011
Really like that idea!
MarinaVanessa 11:31 AM 01-21-2011
This is what I do also. Works like a charm.
Tags:contract, handbook, policy
Reply Up