Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pete That Darn Cat!
flying_babyb 05:31 PM 09-28-2017
So we have:
Pete the cat: I love my white shoes
Pete the cat: my 4 groovy buttons
Pete the cat and the new guy
Pete the cat: rocking my school shoes

MY kids love these. With these being class hits what other ones would you reccomend I pick up? Im really really really (did mention really) sick of reading white shoes 4 times a day!
midaycare 06:24 PM 09-28-2017
We have Pete the Scuba Cat and Pete Takes a Train Trip - I think those are the names. Do I worry when I can't remember the names? Goodness No!
flying_babyb 07:20 PM 09-28-2017
oh the new favorite in our class:
Don;t be sad
don't be blue
there is something everyone can do!
Snowmom 07:07 AM 09-29-2017
My kids love Pete too.

I have an older crew and found a set of Hot Dots with Pete. It's more of a busy table activity instead of a reading activity, but still fun!

https://smile.amazon.com/Educational...48KECE1FZ1HK19
CeriBear 05:51 AM 09-30-2017
My kids absolutely love Pete as well. Their favorite is the one about the white shoes but any Pete book is a hit. I like the one about the missing cupcakes and I use it to help the kids with their counting.

My 3-4 year olds practically have the white shoes book memorized so we sometimes walk down the hall to the lunchroom reciting it.
flying_babyb 01:15 PM 10-01-2017
the cupcake one? Ehh! thats a new one, so time to go buy! Hot dots are cool but alas my kids arnt ready for that yet, they can barley handle playing inside the classroom without getting into it (hitting, throwing things, running). Right now were working on control (which means LOTS of table time and outside time to run)
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Im really really really (did mention really) sick of reading white shoes 4 times a day!
It's actually beneficial and necessary to read the same book over and over....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3111254/
daycarediva 09:21 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
We have Pete the Scuba Cat and Pete Takes a Train Trip - I think those are the names. Do I worry when I can't remember the names? Goodness No!

We just ordered the new halloween one, and we have several of pete the cat's 'early reader' books.

My kids also love Bad Kitty books, and The pigeon series.
Tags:pete - takes a train trip, pete - that darn cat, pete - the scuba cat, poems
Reply Up