Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Charging To Hold A Spot For Summer

So one of my moms has changed her schedule four times in the past year. The changes have mostly been understandable: new responsibilities at work...grandma not being consistent on which day she wanted to watch grandkids...trying to work out care for dcb who is starting K in Fall.

But I'm a bit maxed out with the changes and I was thinking to go weekly with this family to cover the fact that they have not been coming consistently on Thursdays, but I have three families who want the two Thursday spots I have available in Fall.

But then today dcb says "I won't be coming here in the Summer." What??? I text mom and ask if she knows what days she wants in the Summer, and she tells me that she is doing nanny-share for the Summer, but would like to be here in the Fall.

Well with all the changes, I don't feel like I can take her word for it, and I feel like I need to protect myself. I immediately texted mom back and asked if she was willing to pay to hold the spot open for Fall, and she said she understood and asked how much.

So I need to think of how to cover myself for possible Fall no-show and also to cover myself now for the flaky Thursday thing. And what to tell the other two families? I was leaning towards giving this family one of my Thursday spots, but now I don't know.

I'm thinking to go weekly now (like NOW) and to ask for at least one month non-refundable deposit for Fall. What do you all think?

Tags
enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency, holding a spot, holding space, holding spot - fee, holding spot policy, holding spots