Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Not Wanting To Come Here Anymore
mrsp'slilpeeps 07:40 AM 06-28-2011
I have 2 DCB that are both 2yrs old. One of them(DCB #2) is a screamer for no reason, just to hear himself scream. He has been here for a month and a half.

The other (DCB #1) has been here since last Sept and he has been an angel.

Both DCB'S freaked out when they were dropped off this morning.

DCB #1 tells his mom no when she says we are going to my house.

I dont think he likes DCB #2, and has been acting this way since DCB#2 has been here.

DCB #2 im sure is not very happy with me cause every time he screams or hits, I make him sit down.

Is it normal for their age to start acting like this or am I on a fast track to losing some kids?
mrsp'slilpeeps 07:47 AM 06-28-2011
Oh I should mention that as soon as DCM leaves both DCB'S act fine.
SilverSabre25 07:52 AM 06-28-2011
Seems to be a separation anxiety thing, because I have two 2 yos and they have both been getting upset at drop-off lately. The older one has been doing it longer than the younger one, so I definitely think there's an age/stage thing going on here.
Cat Herder 08:40 AM 06-28-2011
It is probably age related, mine are doing it too..just about going home. They fight, grab my legs, cry and try to run back into the house.

All of my clients are wonderful and attentive parents. Their homes would embarrass Disney himself.

It is whichever gets them more bang for their buck, so to speak.

Wait it out, don't play into it.

Read Nan's blog about "Changing of the Guard". See if you recognize anything...
Michael 03:12 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
It is probably age related, mine are doing it too..Read Nan's blog about "Changing of the Guard". See if you recognize anything...
Here is the article: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...in-daycare.htm
Auntie 04:21 PM 06-28-2011
I think it is very normal what is going on. Hang in there.
Tags:changing of the guard, nannyde, screamer
Reply Up