Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Might Need Surgery? What To Do...
kpa0627 10:21 AM 08-12-2010
I just went to obgyn yesterday where they found a 2 inch cyst on my right ovary. I go back in 6 weeks so they can do an ultrasound and see if it's the same size or has gotten any bigger and if that's the case I will need surgery for removal. He said recovery time is 2 weeks if they do it laproscopically (sp?) or up to 6 weeks if they have to cut me open for surgery. So, I'm going to be hopeful and assume if I do have surgery (which I'm pretty sure I will) that it will be laproscopically so I will need 2 weeks to recover.
What would you do in this situation?
Would you close for two weeks?
Would you close for one week and have a friend/relative help during the second week (my mom said she was willing)?
I already know if I close they do NOT have to pay for daycare during that time.
My only concern is I JUST took a week off (unpaid) the beginning of June to move to a bigger house for the daycare. I don't want parents to think I'm unreliable and close too much but I can't really help the circumstance. The only other time I closed was this week on Tuesday because I went to the ER right after work monday for nausea, fever and stomach pains (this is how they found the cyst after a ct scan).
Any advise is welcome!
Tags:sick days, sick policy
Up