Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Area Dividers?
Emsdayhome 08:25 AM 09-05-2013
Does anyone here use dividers to separate nap spaces in the same room? I have a mirror, I call the crawling mirror, it's a free standing lengthwise mirror that I use for the babies, they love it. I thought to put it between two cots and it's PERFECT. now....I scored an insane deal on this guy and haven't seen any since, for less than $130! I'm thinking of making little mini room dividers using PVC piping and fabric...does anyone have something like that? Wondering if I could look at yours to see how to create mine. I'm thinking they'll be perfect little space dividers for centres too, when not used in nap time. TIA!
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 09-05-2013
My kids all lay down in the same room (except my 2 toddlers) and I have no separation other than just the Kindermats and the kids being required to stay on their own mats.

It's easier and takes up less room to just teach them to nap among others.

You could also use bookshelves, storage containers and or chairs with blankets draped over them to divide the space if necessary.
Rockgirl 08:35 AM 09-05-2013
You can attach 2 foam core boards (sold at craft stores) together along the edges using duct tape. Then cover with fabric to make them more attractive. They're lightweight and fold flat when not in use.
butterfly 08:38 AM 09-05-2013
I've seen the PVC dividers and thought they were neat. At times it would be very nice to have. But I do as blackcat does, and teach them to nap together in the same room, no dividers.

Sometimes it takes a while to get them trained - especially with a fresh group of kids.

Leanna 08:52 AM 09-05-2013
My kiddos all lay in the same room and though they are very good about staying on their cots and going to sleep, if they can see one another they like to chat and keep each other up. I use those cardboard tri-fold boards that kids use for science fair project displays to "separate" them. They are cheap, super lightweight, and easy to fold & store behind the couch.
Emsdayhome 08:57 AM 09-05-2013
my kids actually all stay on their own cots and don't disturb each other...I have 3 sleeping side-by-side right now actually lol. I just thought they'd be handy for the days where they are a little more wired, and for room dividing for infants,etc. I was thinking of the pvc pipes and having removable "feet" for the ends, so when not in use, I'll store them under my elevated and stacked nap mats. bookshelves sound dangerous...I plan to use these little dividers also for agility and obstacle courses for my walkers...
Blackcat31 09:02 AM 09-05-2013
Originally Posted by Emsdayhome:
my kids actually all stay on their own cots and don't disturb each other...I have 3 sleeping side-by-side right now actually lol. I just thought they'd be handy for the days where they are a little more wired, and for room dividing for infants,etc. I was thinking of the pvc pipes and having removable "feet" for the ends, so when not in use, I'll store them under my elevated and stacked nap mats. bookshelves sound dangerous...I plan to use these little dividers also for agility and obstacle courses for my walkers...
I was referring to the lower ones....

they are used in most preschool in our area as room and center dividers.

Similar to this classroom:

Emsdayhome 09:43 AM 09-05-2013
ah yes! I don't have any of those ;-) nor do I have the space for them. lol
MissAnn 10:50 AM 09-05-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My kids all lay down in the same room (except my 2 toddlers) and I have no separation other than just the Kindermats and the kids being required to stay on their own mats.

It's easier and takes up less room to just teach them to nap among others.

You could also use bookshelves, storage containers and or chairs with blankets draped over them to divide the space if necessary.
We have to have 3 feet apart or a solid barrier. Placement can get tricky.
Crazy8 11:00 AM 09-05-2013
I usually have 3 mat nappers (babies sleep in pack n plays upstairs) and I separate them with the furniture in the room. I don't move it or anything, its just set up kind of like that classroom pic BlackCat posted so they have things where they can't really see each other. When I have 4 on mats one usually ends up in an open area of the room where they can see others - I usually put my best napper there, LOL!
My3cents 11:34 AM 09-05-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
My kiddos all lay in the same room and though they are very good about staying on their cots and going to sleep, if they can see one another they like to chat and keep each other up. I use those cardboard tri-fold boards that kids use for science fair project displays to "separate" them. They are cheap, super lightweight, and easy to fold & store behind the couch.
I use these too they work great, one side is colorful and the other side I keep saying I am going to cover with fabric. These are great for those kids that want to chat and keep the neighbor up. We are all in one room so these work out great for me.
Familycare71 09:37 AM 01-09-2014
I know this is older but I am so exited to have found it!! Can't wait to go get some tri fold barriers .
Meyou 09:40 AM 01-09-2014
I use 3 superyard pieces to separate every second child in the group nap room. I bend them at two 90 degree angles like a C and then drop a sheet over the sides between the kids.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:43 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I use 3 superyard pieces to separate every second child in the group nap room. I bend them at two 90 degree angles like a C and then drop a sheet over the sides between the kids.
This is exactly what I do!
Crazy8 09:54 AM 01-09-2014
I arrange nap mats so that they are in different areas of the room so usually divided by one of the things of cubbies or what not. But I only take 5 kids, only usually have 3 or 4 on mats (young ones sleep in cribs upstairs).
My3cents 10:38 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by Leanna:
me too
Meeko 01:41 PM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
We have to have 3 feet apart or a solid barrier. Placement can get tricky.
We used to have the 3 feet reg. Something to do with "hygiene"

It got changed because state regulators finally admitted that the kids play head to head the rest of the day, touch each other, hold hands etc......so unless we keep them 3 feet apart the entire time they are here...then keeping them 3 feet apart at nap time is pointless.
Meeko 01:45 PM 01-09-2014
I have 16 kids and they all sleep in the main playroom. No room for dividers etc.
Annalee 01:46 PM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
We used to have the 3 feet reg. Something to do with "hygiene"

It got changed because state regulators finally admitted that the kids play head to head the rest of the day, touch each other, hold hands etc......so unless we keep them 3 feet apart the entire time they are here...then keeping them 3 feet apart at nap time is pointless.
In my state, QRIS/licensing require the 3 ft spacing but allows for the trifold boards to be used as well in the case of a provider not having the appropriate spacing.
Familycare71 03:53 PM 01-09-2014
I have a super play yard! Another amazing idea! . You guys are awesome!

I have them spaced out but they can generally see each other. I also don't remain in the room with them. So they tend to work each other up and wake each other up (at the end of nap). I just want something to discourage that-
CrackerJacks 09:06 PM 01-09-2014
You could use these. I attached some hinges and screwed to the walls, pull out when needed, place cots on either side, then they fold right back up snug to the wall.

Coaster Oriental Style 4-Panel Room Screen Divider, Black Framed
http://amzn.com/B0002KNPFU

image.jpg
Attached:
Tags:nap area dividers
Reply Up