Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Dropped Off Without Notifying Me....
hcmom 08:50 AM 06-15-2010
My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
momofboys 09:16 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by hcmom:
My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
Ugh! So is it in your contract that you have to be notified in advance? What did you say to the parent? I would have had a hard time not expressing my "anger".
Greenshadow 09:27 AM 06-15-2010
I would have said something. Especially if you are quitting the business anyway.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 09:27 AM 06-15-2010
I would have said I'm sorry, I'm not doing drop in care today, I have made plans for the day. Not much longer now and you'll be FREE!!!!
judytrickett 09:44 AM 06-15-2010
Why did you accept him to care then?
misol 10:30 AM 06-15-2010
I would have kindly told the parent Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate him today. I had not received a facebook message or email from you so we planned the day based on dcb not being here.

Keep your head up...only a few more days.

Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
tymaboy 10:32 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by judytrickett:
I'm wondering this too. If they did not let you know in advance you should have said sorry at the door.
hcmom 11:55 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by judytrickett:
Because I have no backbone...seriously.

I hate confrontation.
hcmom 11:56 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
No, because I had only one extra carseat.

11 more days....
professionalmom 01:06 PM 06-15-2010

I hate confrontation.
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
hcmom 01:28 PM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
nannyde 01:30 PM 06-15-2010

I hate confrontation.
That's what they are after.
professionalmom 01:44 PM 06-15-2010
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
MsKara 03:56 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
I too have trouble finding family time. My husband is a pilot and gone for many days. When he's home, i'm doing daycare and then trying to catch up on appointments and shopping while he watches our kids in the evening. We are both so busy and hardly see each other :-(
Tags:jul
Reply Up