Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG...Just Stepped On Lego...
thecrazyisout 08:17 AM 05-27-2011
I MY GOSH! I stepped on a lego this morning and curled up in a ball in pain for about ten minutes. I usually have tennis shoes on during the day because of Plantar Fasciitis (SP?), but the moment I have my shoes off this happened! I iced it and now I have a huge purple bruise already at the arch of my foot......I wonder if there is any major damage it hurts when I walk with out my shoes..

Anybody every had injuries from your self-employment???
Blackcat31 08:25 AM 05-27-2011
Sorry you got hurt! (((hugs)))

I hate Barbie shoes!!! They hurt like a SOB when you step on them! So do Army men and jacks!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:25 AM 05-27-2011
Oh yes! Dinky cars! The worst.
wdmmom 08:27 AM 05-27-2011
I think Lego's are by far the worst! So are jacks! Yowza!

I learned to tuck the kids in to bed with the lights still on! No more going in their rooms when it's dark!

The DCK's don't get jacks or legos. They get Mega Bloks!
dEHmom 08:33 AM 05-27-2011
i hate the little legos ugh! and they even hurt the hands trying to clean them up.

hotwheels are usually what i step on (dinky cars I guess you guys call them)
WImom 10:52 AM 05-27-2011
I just yesterday kneeled down on a puzzle piece (the ones with the little pegs). It still hurts when I walk and I can't put weight on that knee at all still without a lot of pain.
Sunshine44 10:56 AM 05-27-2011
Ow! Sorry you stepped on that! Yesterday I stepped on a smaller wooden block...hurt like heck!
Unregistered 09:19 PM 05-28-2011
Quite a few years ago, I stepped on a lego block (the toddler sized ones) and went skidding across the floor ...I tore my knee all to heck and back (I was carrying a toddler so had no way to try to break my fall)...Luckily the baby was OK but I spent the next 2 weeks on crutches and then a cane for a couple of months.. My knee was swollen and purple for a month after that...I couldn't bend it at all until I started taking anti-inflammatory pills ( my ding bat doctor at the time hadn't told me to see him to get a prescription after the initial visit and X-ray) ...

Anyway, I now avoid stuff like that like the plague....too painful to find out the hard way just how dangerous those things are...I panic now if I see a block on the floor...LOL!
PitterPatter 10:20 AM 05-29-2011
I have stepped on many a lego or overlooked bristle block etc. The arch is the worst!! Hope your pain goes away soon!

The worst here was when my son was playing with duplos and left the room for something. He went running back in and slipped on the blocks fell and busted his head on the coffee table. OMG my poor child was screaming in pain and was flipping on the floor like a fish holding his head. Blood was running but not too bad. When I finally got him to let me check and cleaned it up a bit he had a gash in his scalp! Off to the ER we went to get staples in his scalp. Very scary moment in my life so now no one walks away from blocks and I really reinforce my walking feet rule!

I haven't had many injuries in my home but when a kid gets hurt I want so badly to take that pain away. I think God should allow it to be transferred to ourselves.
nannyde 10:29 AM 05-29-2011
BTDT friend and it hurts like heck.

Add to the fact that I'm about half blind. I can't even SEE what is on the floor. I have to shuffle around my sons room every time I go in there.
Abigail 03:46 PM 05-29-2011
I'm glad we don't have many small items because we have little ones in the same area as the preschool age kids. I'm also glad I wear my shoes all day except during nap time when most kids are sleeping and the room is clean.

I've stepped on jacks/jax (sp) before once when I was a housecleaner for a family with two preschoolers. It hurt so bad I picked them all up and put them on the top shelf in the playroom and they were never played with again.
e.j. 03:54 PM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
I MY GOSH! I stepped on a lego this morning and curled up in a ball in pain for about ten minutes. I usually have tennis shoes on during the day because of Plantar Fasciitis (SP?), but the moment I have my shoes off this happened! I iced it and now I have a huge purple bruise already at the arch of my foot......I wonder if there is any major damage it hurts when I walk with out my shoes..

Anybody every had injuries from your self-employment???
Yup. I was coming down a flight of stairs (I had just checked them to make sure there were no toys left on them) and as I hit the bottom stair, I stepped on a toy that either I didn't notice or must have been just placed there. I twisted my ankle so badly, I thought I had broken it. I didn't want to go to the dr. so I hobbled around for 2 days trying to take care of the kids. My sil suggested I try some Icy Hot. It worked great. Within a day or 2, the pain was gone.

Plantar Fasciitis is painful enough! I hope you didn't do any majoy damage to the arch of your foot. How are you feeling now?
Tags:hurt, ouch, provider - injury, stepping on toys
Reply Up