Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Friday! What Are Your Weekend Plans?
Rockgirl 06:44 AM 09-16-2016
This week has been a good one, but of course I'm glad the weekend is almost here. And I'm happy to have no big plans, after several packed weekends in a row.

I'll spend some time in the playroom, rotating toys and cleaning, ride my bike, and go for a trail run if the trails aren't too muddy. We will probably go hear a local band or two Saturday evening. That's about it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!
midaycare 06:50 AM 09-16-2016
I've been crazy busy for weeks. This weekend I'm putting my knee up (hurt it working out) and working on my book.
Miss A 07:04 AM 09-16-2016
I am exciting, I am doing some laundry, some dusting, and cleaning my bathroom. I am really hoping to have a baby, and I woke up this AM thinking this could be the time, but things have calmed down, so I am thinking laundry will be the most exciting thing I do.
childcaremom 07:09 AM 09-16-2016
Busy weekend here. My oldest is coming home from uni for the weekend. My youngest is having a sleepover birthday party.

Sports and errands. Craft show.

And time for me: Kirtan and sound healing.
childcaremom 07:10 AM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I am exciting, I am doing some laundry, some dusting, and cleaning my bathroom. I am really hoping to have a baby, and I woke up this AM thinking this could be the time, but things have calmed down, so I am thinking laundry will be the most exciting thing I do.
I remember those feelings well. Keep us posted!
Blackcat31 07:11 AM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
This week has been a good one, but of course I'm glad the weekend is almost here. And I'm happy to have no big plans, after several packed weekends in a row.

I'll spend some time in the playroom, rotating toys and cleaning, ride my bike, and go for a trail run if the trails aren't too muddy. We will probably go hear a local band or two Saturday evening. That's about it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!
It is my youngest child's 25th birthday so hubby and I will be driving an hour away to where he lives and goes to college and will take him to lunch and a bit of spoiling for the day.

Had plans to finish some landscaping in our back yard but we've had a lot of rain lately and hubby's BFF had issues with his houseboat (it's currently sitting on the bottom of the lake it's still in the slip so only 10-12 ft of water) so he has been helping friend get that taken care of...so landscape stuff will have to wait.

Next weekend is the weekend I am really looking forward to though..... I am closing early Thursday and closed Friday and hubby and I are heading up to Thunder Bay Ontario! Can't wait!!!

The kiddos this week have been a little "off" so if anyone else has had the same type of week, I have then make sure you have a couple glasses of wine or a beer or two this weekend too!! Sometimes, it's just one of those weeks.

Hoping everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!
Mike 07:23 AM 09-16-2016
I'm making a doll cradle this weekend for a friends 8 yo daughter, for her 9th birthday.
spedmommy4 07:25 AM 09-16-2016
My younger sister is in labor as I type this so I am going to become an auntie this weekend. She's having a boy.
Play Care 07:41 AM 09-16-2016
I'm doing my first half marathon on Sunday.

It seemed like a good idea back in June when I signed up
NillaWafers 07:43 AM 09-16-2016
Cleaning out my garage so they can remove my play structure tomorrow. Then packing my basement (more like a cellar) and garage. 36 more days till I move!
Orange2001 07:43 AM 09-16-2016
Full moon crazy kids make this weekend seem like it will never be here!! Hubby and I are going away for a night since last weekend was our 5 year and we spend that weekend with about 15 teens in and out of the house all weekend. Hope they don't have a house party because we don't have a sitter for the teens we are leaving behind just grandparents to check in and a gf of mine will take care of the dog!
finsup 08:33 AM 09-16-2016
Rodeo on Saturday! Plus a Joe Diffee concert following it. Then Sunday I get to go shopping for a friends baby shower. Seriously missing the newborn stage so I am way more excited about this then I typically am lol.
Rockgirl 08:38 AM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:

Yay! I was SO nervous before my first one, but had such a blast! I've done 16 half marathons, one full, and a bunch of shorter races. I love doing them!

Have fun!
DaveA 08:39 AM 09-16-2016

. I'm sure you'll do great. And just remember- it's a half marathon, so you're only 1/2 crazy.

This weekend I'm finishing up the chicken's new coop (they spend the day outside but still sleep in the sunroom), shampoo classroom & living room carpets, and get some time out in the shop. Working on a new design by putting a modern/ tactical spin on a Viking-era design called a Seax. I don't do Tactical & I don't do Viking recreations, so I have know idea what possessed me to do this one.
Unregistered 08:49 AM 09-16-2016
I'm going on vacation for TWO WEEKS!!! I cant believe it's almost here...Bahamas here I comeee
Boymom 08:52 AM 09-16-2016
I will be working on college homework aaaalllll weekend! I'm so fun ha!
Poptarts22 08:54 AM 09-16-2016
Netflix (American Horror Story)
Alcohol
Painting kitchen cupboards.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:26 AM 09-16-2016
Saturday- normal Saturday stuff, grocery store, make some freezer meals, Mass.

Sunday I get to go up and see my son shoot 1st "match" of the season, the alumni match- a fun time. He had pneumonia last week and was at the hospital. I went up last Friday to take him to a hotel, feed him, pump him full of liquids and do his laundry. He is feeling better but not great so I want to see him to be sure because next weekend he is suppose to be flying out of state for a match. Rough start to the fall semester!
jenboo 09:48 AM 09-16-2016
We are going Apple picking!!!
Magic 10:18 AM 09-16-2016
me ??/
it a full moon tonight ..so hope to start with a bon fire and a beer
then rest of weekend
canning apples, pears, zuchinini, and apple chutney
clean 2 chicken and duck coops, 4 bunnies cages, 1 quail cage, and indoor critters, some shopping ...and so on
my girl will help with house...it is half clean due to an interview ..that never showed
and if I am lucky a nap...lol
I turned down helping with a child for the weekend to do all this ...
and hoping miss A has a baby
Annalee 10:45 AM 09-16-2016
Keeping it simple......some cleaning, a cookout, some college football, hanging out with family and friends.....and some time with NO ONE BUT ME!
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-16-2016
cleaning
packing
painting (neutral colors to prepare this home for sale)
hopefully spending some more time at the lake while the weather is still nice
Controlled Chaos 11:45 AM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Poptarts22:
Netflix (American Horror Story)
Alcohol
Painting kitchen cupboards.
Let's be friends I am so excited the new AHS is starting so I can watch last seasons finally!!!

Saturday morning, I have a 4 hour rehearsal with the modern dance company I am in - soooo fun! Grown ups + movement = best therapy
My MIL is watching the kids for me

No plans in the afternoon...grocery shopping and a trip to the dog park maybe.

Sunday I have a meeting with the religious ed coordinator, I am teaching 1st grade sunday school this year and we start next week! Afternoon is free for weeding and wine
NeedaVaca 01:06 PM 09-16-2016
DD has her 1st 8th grade dance tonight, after I get her home I will be drinking wine and binge watching Netflix! If the weather is nice this weekend I will be power washing anything and everything. I am in love with my new toy! I don't know why but it's soo fun lol
Rockgirl 01:24 PM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
DD has her 1st 8th grade dance tonight, after I get her home I will be drinking wine and binge watching Netflix! If the weather is nice this weekend I will be power washing anything and everything. I am in love with my new toy! I don't know why but it's soo fun lol
I'm going to assume you mean your power washer. Lol!
AmyKidsCo 01:31 PM 09-16-2016
Soccer, soccer, and more soccer!

Our 17 yr old DS has a tournament so I'm going to games tonight and tomorrow morning. Our 7 yr old GDD has a soccer game tomorrow morning too.

Sunday we're walking a half marathon that we haven't trained for. Should be fun...
NeedaVaca 01:47 PM 09-16-2016
I'm going to assume you mean your power washer. Lol!
Yes, my NEW power washer !! haha, could have worded that better!
sharlan 01:50 PM 09-16-2016
Sewing

I'm working on a Halloween applique/ machine embroidred wall hanging for my dd. Each of the 16 blocks is taking 3 to 4 hours to make. I have 11 to go before backing, quilting, and binding it.

I hope to have it done before Halloween.
Baby Beluga 01:55 PM 09-16-2016
Saturday morning DD has dance class. Then we come home for lunch and a nap (including a nap for me too!) After that we will likely go grocery shopping and I will take her to the Spirit store to look at Halloween decorations. Her and I do it a few times during this season and she always looks forward to it.

Sunday, DD stays home with Dad and I have a few hours by myself. Usually that is spent grocery shopping. This Sunday I am going car seat shopping for the new baby and might squeeze in a movie.

ETA: someone explain American Horror Story to me....I know nothing about it, but the previews I see scare me to pieces. Is it truly scary?
Josiegirl 03:19 AM 09-17-2016
Lots of outside clean-up, digging out our small garden, digging out and putting the rest of my rock pile down by the outside gates where the mud gets terrible, and of course, daycare stuff. Paperwork, reorganizing, planning, more paperwork, washing the living room carpet and of course there's more paperwork.
There are lots of things I'd like to do but will mostly likely opt for a nap instead.
I really need to go shopping for new jeans that I like and that fit me well. But I detest shopping. If I were a size 6 maybe I'd feel differently.
Claraskids 05:52 AM 09-17-2016
I am suppose to be at my cousin's wedding in a few hours, but woke up to my youngest sporting a temp and body aches. Hmmm, will the whole family be sitting out the wedding, or does hubby stay home with him? Decisions, decisions
Febby 10:35 AM 09-17-2016
Well, I'm sick and my horse has an injury that requires bandage changes, so there's my weekend plans. Get both of us healthy!
Play Care 11:53 AM 09-18-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm going on vacation for TWO WEEKS!!! I cant believe it's almost here...Bahamas here I comeee
Only if you take me with you!! I promise, you won't even know I'm there!!
Rockgirl 12:35 PM 09-18-2016
Play Care, how was your half marathon?
Play Care 03:02 AM 09-19-2016
Play Care, how was your half marathon?
I did it! Took me 2 1/2 hours but I finished. When I signed up I had thought I'd have all summer to train....yeah didn't happen. At mile 11/12 I was highly doubtful I would do it again. When I got home I already started making plans for the next time
childcaremom 03:40 AM 09-19-2016
I did it! Took me 2 1/2 hours but I finished. When I signed up I had thought I'd have all summer to train....yeah didn't happen. At mile 11/12 I was highly doubtful I would do it again. When I got home I already started making plans for the next time

Good for you!
DaveA 04:07 AM 09-19-2016
I did it! Took me 2 1/2 hours but I finished. When I signed up I had thought I'd have all summer to train....yeah didn't happen. At mile 11/12 I was highly doubtful I would do it again. When I got home I already started making plans for the next time:lol:
Dear Lord another one joins the cult! Just Kidding. My wife has what I call the "72 hour" rule. After she finishes a race for 48 hours she's never doing another one, then she starts saying it was fun/ ok, then 72 hours later she's planning her next big race.

Seriously- great job.
Play Care 05:09 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Dear Lord another one joins the cult! Just Kidding. My wife has what I call the "72 hour" rule. After she finishes a race for 48 hours she's never doing another one, then she starts saying it was fun/ ok, then 72 hours later she's planning her next big race.

Seriously- great job.
Thanks!

I also completely forgot that next Sunday I'll be in NYC running in Tunnel to Towers. But that's only a 5k so....
Rockgirl 05:46 AM 09-19-2016

Awesome job! That's how it goes for me, too.
Mike 06:55 AM 09-19-2016
You go have fun. It's not for me anymore. In my 20's I used to have fun doing races with the kids I babysat at the time. I'd always be in the lead till near the end, then I'd start losing energy and they would end up passing me.

Can't even do that now, since my left knee has had 2 operations.
Tags:tgif, weekend - activities
Reply Up