Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Has President's Day off?
cherryhill 08:32 AM 02-15-2011
I have it off. I take 10 paid holidays. I used to take 14 I got rid of a few this year. Why do I feel bad for taking vacation days?
tenderhearts 08:37 AM 02-15-2011
I do but only because all of my families have it off, so it gave me another day off, unpaid but that's fine with me I wouldn't feel bad taking off time, we all need a break.
daycare 08:39 AM 02-15-2011
i am off paid. I dont feel bad. I offer a lot of services to my parents, like a free parents night out once a month for all of their children, enrolled or not. so I give them a break, they give me one.
I am also on the food program and they dont pay me on holidays, so if I were to open it would actually cost me money...
MommyMuffin 08:44 AM 02-15-2011
Me Me!!! I made sure to include all federal holidays in my paid days off. I just feel that it is a treat I must give myself!
MommyMuffin 08:47 AM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Me Me!!! I made sure to include all federal holidays in my paid days off. I just feel that it is a treat I must give myself!
I do not feel bad for paid holidays, parents are notified way in advance. Let the kids hang out with grandparents, if they have them!

I feel bad for sick days, days I need to take on short notice and closing early...I avoid doing that at all costs...BUT I never feel bad for paid holidays!!
ninosqueridos 09:27 AM 02-15-2011
This year I added Pres Day as a paid day off. Do I feel bad? Yes, but only because my teacher daycare parents have school (because of snow days used, they now have school on that day). I have a family day planned with my own family - or else I would have thought of offering them care that day.
misol 09:34 AM 02-15-2011
I have it off paid. I don't feel bad taking paid holidays because they know before they sign up which holidays I will be closed. I do, however, always feel guilty about taking vacation days though.
Zoe 10:03 AM 02-15-2011
I don't have it off this year, but I'm thinking about changing that. My husband has it off and it always feels strange to have him home taking a break while I have to work! To make it easier, we're taking the kids ice skating for a nice change.

When my daughter starts kindergarten next year, I think I'm going to change my holidays to whatever she has off. That way I can have some quality time with my family!
Tags:holidays, national holidays, presidents day
Reply Up