Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny Things Kids Eat Before Dropoff
lovemykidstoo 08:04 AM 05-04-2018
I was thinking this morning, what are the funniest things your dck's have eaten for breakfast before coming to your house. I have a family with 2 kids. One just turned 1 and the other child is 2. Dad drops off this morning and tells me that his 2 kids had hotdogs for breakfast. I was like
storybookending 08:08 AM 05-04-2018
I have one little girl who eats breakfast in the car while mom takes the older boys to school and back. She usually has summer sausage and cheese for breakfast. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE summer sausage and cheese but it’s not the first thing I want right away in the AM. Her grandparents do own the local meat processing shop though so I’m betting it runs in the family.
happymom 09:05 AM 05-04-2018
Haha, I love it.

I don't work in daycare, but we definitely don't eat the healthiest during the week in the mornings. My kids eat a fiber one bar, every day. Then they choose a bowl of cereal, a string cheese, a piece of fruit or a half a slice of toast. They usually finish their breakfast in the car....and then they eat another breakfast within a half hour of being dropped off at daycare, lol.
lovemykidstoo 10:20 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
Haha, I love it.

I don't work in daycare, but we definitely don't eat the healthiest during the week in the mornings. My kids eat a fiber one bar, every day. Then they choose a bowl of cereal, a string cheese, a piece of fruit or a half a slice of toast. They usually finish their breakfast in the car....and then they eat another breakfast within a half hour of being dropped off at daycare, lol.
Those items sounds perfectly fine to me really. A granola bar is what my 17 and 20 year old grab on their way out the door every day. I just thought it was funny about the hot dogs. I haven't had that yet. Although I didn't think it too funny about a newly 1 year old eating a hot dog (choking hazard).

I bet the child from the meat processing family eats that for breakfast lunch and dinner lol
Cat Herder 10:26 AM 05-04-2018
I had a two-year-old finishing off an ear of corn on her way in a while back. It disappeared into DCD's coat pocket before the door opened. Can't really blame them. Silver queen is the best and DCD took over the family farm from his Dad this year.
lovemykidstoo 10:29 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I had a two-year-old finishing off an ear of corn on her way in a while back. It disappeared into DCD's coat pocket before the door opened. Can't really blame them. Silver queen is the best and DCD took over the family farm from his Dad this year.
I love it!! hahaha
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 05-04-2018
I know we laugh at this type of thing as a daycare provider because it is funny sometimes but I have to add that eating that type of thing at breakfast verses later in the day makes a BIG difference.

I know I've said it before but my DH and I have started eating a big breakfast (and not always traditional breakfast foods...the other day I had filet mignon and a Caesar salad for breakfast) and then a light lunch and a small dinner at night. Both of us have lost 50+ lbs.

Reverse eating is the best food change (diet) ever!

If the DCK's eat odd foods for breakfast, at least they have the whole day to burn off the calories
Mad_Pistachio 07:48 PM 05-04-2018
when I had meat and potatoes for breakfast, and someone tried making fun of me, I said that their sausage and hash browns is same thing, just cooked differently.
ColorfulSunburst 08:02 PM 05-04-2018
I remember how I was surprised that Americans are so strict with types of food for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
If I want soup for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, and salad for dinner I just eat it. I do not care.
storybookending 08:11 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This is something I would like to look into as I would like to lose 30ish lbs before my sisters wedding next year but I do not think I have the will power!
Josiegirl 02:17 AM 05-05-2018
Filet Mignon and salad?? It just doesn't have the same appeal with my coffee as donuts and muffins.

I have a friend who is a compulsive eater but she eats only healthy foods, no sugar, white flour, meat, things like that. She always had trouble with her weight(in her eyes!!) but ever since she stuck to no eating after 6 p.m. she hasn't had a problem.

You've got to have some major self-discipline and I have a hard time finding and holding onto that.

Back to the topic
flying_babyb 04:45 PM 05-06-2018
In the last week:
doughnuts
Cheeze its
animal crackers (mom brought the whole darn box)
pizza
Ice cream

Personally, I dont care but Wipe your dang kid up! Your sobbing sticky child is NOT something on want on my shirt! Have one who came back after 4 months who cry's daily and comes in as a sticky disaster.
Unregistered 08:31 PM 05-06-2018
Honestly, don't care what they eat, but surprised they haven't had potty issues. I had one family that would come in with all sorts of junk food, and the girl and boy always messed their underwear/had blow outs. The boy was in a diaper until he was too fat. Yes, fat, because mom didn't cook. I had a girl, the year before, who was always constipated. If it wasn't bolted down, she would eat it. From the floor. She didn't care.
alyssahenderson 08:48 PM 05-06-2018
When my kids are at their grandparents house they can eat whatever they want. So usually if they stay there and I pick them up, I asked them what did they eat and they will both answer hotdog.
Jo123ABC 11:28 AM 05-07-2018
I have one that has come bright and early with a sucker and a sippy of blue kool-aid :eek.
lovemykidstoo 11:36 AM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
I have one that has come bright and early with a sucker and a sippy of blue kool-aid :eek.
I have one that is here 2 days a week and always brings in a sippy cup with kool aid. Usually it's blue or red. SEriously? I put it on the counter, give her milk with breakfast and send her home with it later. Let mom and dad deal with the sugar rush
Ac114 05:29 PM 05-07-2018
I have one DCB (2.5) who eats chocolate donuts and kool aid every single morning.

DCG (3) is on a lucky charms, marshmallows only kick. This one is having severe constopation issues and parents have no clue why 🤦🏼*♀️
Unregistered 06:57 AM 05-08-2018
I have a 4 year old whose family was celebrating sister's birthday before they left the house, so for breakfast he had 3 full size doughnuts! This same child has arrived for breakfast at my house after eating two full size Costco muffins at home.....
Unregistered 08:52 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I know we laugh at this type of thing as a daycare provider because it is funny sometimes but I have to add that eating that type of thing at breakfast verses later in the day makes a BIG difference.

I know I've said it before but my DH and I have started eating a big breakfast (and not always traditional breakfast foods...the other day I had filet mignon and a Caesar salad for breakfast) and then a light lunch and a small dinner at night. Both of us have lost 50+ lbs.

If the DCK's eat odd foods for breakfast, at least they have the whole day to burn off the calories

This is absolutely the truth! I lost 20 pounds reverse eating.
nannyde 10:05 AM 05-08-2018
My favorite breakfast story is the provider who had a kid bring a bowl of sugar.

Slays me 😂
BrynleeJean 10:37 AM 05-08-2018
a family with 2 kids once brought their kids before the sun was up, i asked the older child aloud if they'd had breakfast, the dad answered and said they might not be hungry, they were snacking on skittles and fruit snacks while he was getting ready this morning. then he smiles and shrugs and goes to work.
Okay sounds like a nutritious breakfast to me to haha
hottie8962 11:57 AM 05-08-2018
Today i had a kid eating a big pack of seeweed and a banana would have never thought he would eat that .same kid came with a 9 pack of cookies yesterday
Jo123ABC 12:47 PM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I have one DCB (2.5) who eats chocolate donuts and kool aid every single morning.

DCG (3) is on a lucky charms, marshmallows only kick. This one is having severe constopation issues and parents have no clue why 🤦🏼*♀️
Oh my gosh! My kool aid/sucker kid is also struggling with constipation and parents don't know why!
ErnestFlores 04:52 PM 05-09-2018
I think cereal with juice is pretty weird...
CeriBear 05:27 AM 05-13-2018
Originally Posted by ErnestFlores:
I think cereal with juice is pretty weird...
I have a child who does this all the time. He likes to put juice rather than milk on his cereal. The first time I saw him do it I though “ewww gross” but then I decided so what. How is this mixture any weirder than kids mixing peas and mashed potatoes at lunch or my eating plain pasta with peanut butter. To each his/her own.
Tags:funny things kids do, mealtime - behaviour
Reply Up