Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pillows at Nap?
heyhun77 05:37 AM 07-26-2011
I am switching from napping mats to portable cots that fold up but the cots don't fit in the plastic storage totes that the kids currently use to put their stuff in (they each have one) so I'm switching to storing all the cots (with luggage tags on so we know which one is which (so I don't have to wash the sheets each day) and then drawers for each child to put their other items in. The problem I'm having is the drawers that I was going to use don't have enough room for their blanket, small stuffed animal AND their travel-sized pillows.

Do your kids use pillows or do they survive without them? I don't give them pillows until they are out of cribs so about 18 months so new kids that are younger wouldn't know the difference but my current kids would be losing their pillows if I no longer provide them.

Anyone not use them?

Michelle
SilverSabre25 06:09 AM 07-26-2011
I don't and my kids don't seem to mind. They are all 2 and 3 though, so pretty young still.
CheekyChick 06:13 AM 07-26-2011
Every child that is 2 (and up) gets a pillow during nap time.
MarinaVanessa 06:16 AM 07-26-2011
I don't use pillows either. I have one DCB that's turning 2 in 6 weeks and when he started a few months ago his mom brought him a pillow that she said he couldn't live without (she has a double at home) but he's never used it here.
MyAngels 06:55 AM 07-26-2011
Once my kids transition to the cots I make them each a matching pillow and blanket with their name embroidered on it.
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 07-26-2011
My kids all use pillows. At enrollment or the at the time of transfering from pnp to nap mats each kid gets 2 white pillowcases. On those pillow cases I use iron on transfers and put a photo of the child on one and a family photo or other favorite photo on the other. My kids love them and everyone knows whos pillow belongs to who.
Crazy8 07:13 AM 07-26-2011
mine all sleep on the 2" thick mats - no pillows. Never had a problem but I don't know about on cots. I'd love to see the ones you got, I've never seen any that fold up.
MarinaVanessa 07:20 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My kids all use pillows. At enrollment or the at the time of transfering from pnp to nap mats each kid gets 2 white pillowcases. On those pillow cases I use iron on transfers and put a photo of the child on one and a family photo or other favorite photo on the other. My kids love them and everyone knows whos pillow belongs to who.
I don't use pillows but this is a cute idea!! I just have colored cubby's and each child gets a different colored cubby with a cup, sippy, plate, bowl, fork, knife (plastic of course), spoon and blanket in that sane color. No mixing them up here . I do like your idea of the transfer and I may use it on the mat sheets that I'm making soon (okay, my mom is making them ).
GotKids 07:22 AM 07-26-2011
Mine use these. They have an attached pillow and they wash really well. Plus they don't lose their blankets. You can put them on the foldaway nap pads too if you want extra comfort.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CDMQ8wIwAQ
SunflowerMama 07:37 AM 07-26-2011
I just switched to cots and got everyone a fleece throw for $3/ea and a little cushion that makes the pefect size for a little pillow for $2/ea all from Ikea. My dcks are ages 2-5.
heyhun77 07:39 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
mine all sleep on the 2" thick mats - no pillows. Never had a problem but I don't know about on cots. I'd love to see the ones you got, I've never seen any that fold up.
These are the ones that I got:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-...r&ssm=0&sspt=0

The don't take up a lot of space when we put them away and the kids love them because they feel like sleeping on a hammock.
MarinaVanessa 08:02 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:
These are the ones that I got:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-...r&ssm=0&sspt=0

The don't take up a lot of space when we put them away and the kids love them because they feel like sleeping on a hammock.
Wow those are pretty awesome. I use the folding sleeping mats right now because of lack of space but eventually when we move to a bigger home I wanted to buy cots to replace the mats. $25 for these beats the $50 price tag on the Lakeshore ones. Are they easy to collapse? I like the idea of stacking the Lakeshore ones on top of one another with no fuss. Do you stack yours and how does that work out for you?
laundrymom 09:19 AM 07-26-2011
I don't use pillows, I just have a blanket for each child
nannyde 09:53 AM 07-26-2011
I have two sleeping rooms.

The nursery: NO anything in bed with them ever.

The big kids room they can have pillows and blankets as long as they don't doink with them. If they doink with them... I don't allow them.
erinalexmom 09:59 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think this has to be one of the most thoughtful things Ive ever heard from a daycare provider. That is wonderful
Kaddidle Care 10:52 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I have two sleeping rooms.

The nursery: NO anything in bed with them ever.

The big kids room they can have pillows and blankets as long as they don't doink with them. If they doink with them... I don't allow them.
Doink? What's that? Do I dare ask?
nannyde 11:37 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Doink? What's that? Do I dare ask?
It means use it for a purpse other than it's intended purpose.
snbauser 11:42 AM 07-26-2011
Cots here and no pillows. None of them ever seem to mind. Occassionally I have one that would rather fold their blanket up and use it as a pillow but most don't.
heyhun77 12:50 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Wow those are pretty awesome. I use the folding sleeping mats right now because of lack of space but eventually when we move to a bigger home I wanted to buy cots to replace the mats. $25 for these beats the $50 price tag on the Lakeshore ones. Are they easy to collapse? I like the idea of stacking the Lakeshore ones on top of one another with no fuss. Do you stack yours and how does that work out for you?
I haven't quite figured it out with everyone having one. Up until this week I only had 2 of them so I just collapsed them and set them along the wall. I know that I'll be putting luggage tags on each of them so I don't have to wash the sheets each day but I'm thinking that since they are folded up so sheets aren't touching I'll just store them in an open-topped storage tote. They could probably be stacked, too.
meganlavonnesmommy 02:46 PM 07-26-2011
My licensing rules say no pillows unless over the age of 3. By age 3 none of my kids are napping anymore, so no pillows for us.
Tags:nap - pillows, pillows
Reply Up