Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Daycare Name
JeepGirl6 11:59 AM 09-29-2013
I am getting yard signs and business cards made up and would like to name my home daycare.

Do you prefer to go by an at home daycare or at home child care?

My husband thinks Daycare sounds better but I originally had child care. My husband said to me when someone asks me what I do, I say I operate a "daycare" out of our home, I don't say I run a "child care" out of our home. I just want to know what you say when someone asks you.

I was thinking ******'s Cozy Home Daycare

The ******'s would be my first name.

What do you think?

I have heard in the past as long as my name is at the beginning of the name and child care or daycare are at the end of the name I don't have to register it?
babylady 01:18 PM 09-29-2013
My domain name, because of what was available, is sallyshousedaycare.com, but my fictitious business name is Sally's House Family Child Care. I think the latter is more clear about what the business is, because if you search day care online, you also get adult day care, even pet care results!

I believe if you have your last name in the name, you don't need to register, but if only the first name, you do. Check with the rules for fictitious business names online.

Yes, I also tell people I do day care in my home. I think in conversation, daycare or day care is more common.
Starburst 01:47 PM 09-29-2013
If you want to use "Home" in the title I would put "Home Daycare", if you don't plan on using "Home" then I would say "Family Child Care". The lady I used to work for just did her 1st and last name like: "****** ******'s Family Child Care" she said when some people hear "Daycare" they think more of a center instead of a home; so she just used the technical term for home daycare: Family Child Care. But the "child care" thing your husband was talking about, you wouldn't really phrase it as "I run a child care" but you would phrase it as "I run a child care business", "I am a child care provider", or "I am a family child care provider".

'Home child care' does sound a little odd to the ear, unless you phrased it as "*******'s Cozy Child Care Home" or even "*******'s Cozy Home Family Child Care". Some states or counties might require that you either have the words "home", "child care", and/or "family child care" in the title (that's what my boss said her licensing office required).
Michael 04:10 PM 09-29-2013
As always, remember to see the .com domain name is available and register it.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=business+name
mamac 04:22 PM 09-29-2013
I was originally going to go with Child Care (to sound a little more "professional" before I had decided what name I was going with. Once I chose my name, I ended up using Family Daycare instead because it just sounded better. It's all personal preference, IMO.

As far as what I say when people ask, I'll either say I run a child care business out of my home or a family style home daycare, depending on who is asking.
Laurel 04:39 PM 09-29-2013
I would use child care because here where I live there are also home provider's that care for the elderly in their homes. Using child care would not only specify that I care for children but I also think it sounds better.

When I'm telling someone I say "I watch children in my home."

Laurel
jenn 05:11 PM 09-29-2013
I use daycare. I didn't name mine on my original license, so it was named My Names Day Care Home.
countrymom 06:07 AM 09-30-2013
I use home daycare. Because i run it out of my house and it sounds cozy.
slorey 06:21 AM 09-30-2013
I use child care, just because as others have said, I didn't want any confusion as to what type of daycare I had.
Willow 06:45 AM 09-30-2013
Daycare didn't fit well with my daycare name so I chose Childcare.

When people ask what I do I say Licensed Childcare
melilley 11:10 AM 09-30-2013
I am M's Family Childcare. I think it sounds better, but sometimes when people ask what I do, I tell them that I run a daycare out of my home or do home daycare.
craftymissbeth 11:27 AM 09-30-2013
Mine is Miss *****'s Family Childcare. I just thought it sounded better
LK5kids 11:33 AM 09-30-2013
Xxxxx Xxxx Family Child Care. When I put an ad in the paper I put Xxxxx Xxxx Licensed Family Child Care Center has an opening.....

I think child care sounds more professional also.

Many places leave out both and use learning center, child development center, early learning center, etc.
Josiegirl 04:51 PM 09-30-2013
I just call mine R***'s Daycare but thinking of changing it to Zoo.
Michael 09:23 PM 09-30-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I just call mine R***'s Daycare but thinking of changing it to Zoo.
I own DaycareZoo.com but thought it sounded like the daycare was "out of control".
Josiegirl 03:45 AM 10-01-2013
Haha some days Michael, some days. I was only joking by the way.
I didn't realize there was a daycarezoo.com.
Michael 04:48 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Haha some days Michael, some days. I was only joking by the way.
I didn't realize there was a daycarezoo.com.
I liked the sound of it but it would not be good for marketing a daycare. I guess that is why it was still available to register. All the good domain names are gone for a reason.
MCC 06:56 PM 10-02-2013
I am "Last name" Family Childcare. Our last name starts with a C, so I liked the way CFCC sounded, and I thought that Childcare sounded more specific, and maybe a bit simpler?

When people ask what I do, I either say "I'm self employed" If I don't care to get into it/never will see them again... or I say I own/run a childcare.
Tags:business name
Reply Up