Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cots or mats?
justgettingstarted 03:34 PM 08-02-2011
What do you all use for naptime, mats that go directly on the floor or cots? I'm pricing items for the future (going through the licensing process now) and the mats are much cheaper but are they comfy? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks!
Michelle 03:54 PM 08-02-2011
I prefer cots, because they are sturdy,the kids stay on them better, and they don't roll off them on "accident" just get some really sturdy ones.
Also realize if you get all different colors, you will be hearing every day, "I want the blue one" I want the purple one"
So, good luck and don't feel compelled to buy the stores blankets that "match" the cots because you can get some really soft pretty blankets at other stores a lot cheaper. their sheets are really nice to buy. Also buy extra sheets, in case of accidents.
Cat Herder 04:15 PM 08-02-2011
I prefer Kinder Mats "DayDreamer" 2 inch. You can get 6 for $90.

Easy to clean, store in half the space, and they can't flip their friends over.

I use the kindermat sheets (mint green flannel with ABC'S), regular travel pillow with cotton pillow cases and soft fleece throws.

I got mine at www.kinderkidzstuff.com
VTMom 04:30 PM 08-02-2011
I use cots. I have an old house and felt more comfortable with the kids off the floor because of drafts. In the winter, the floors are cold. For storage I either store them on their side against the wall, or slide them under a bed.

I bought 6 when I started almost 2 years ago, but only have used 2 at a time. The other children are under 2 years old and in pack and plays.
Cat Herder 04:41 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by VTMom:
The other children are under 2 years old and in pack and plays.
Here, they are not allowed to be in those after 12 months....

OP, be sure to check your regs since they can vary GREATLY from State to State.
VTMom 04:48 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Here, they are not allowed to be in those after 12 months....

OP, be sure to check your regs since they can vary GREATLY from State to State.
Interesting! I'm wondering how the new crib regulations will weigh in on the use of pnp's.

I just had a 4 year old start in May and he was in a pnp at his former daycare. He turned 4 in January.
PitterPatter 04:50 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by thinkinboutstarting:
What do you all use for naptime, mats that go directly on the floor or cots? I'm pricing items for the future (going through the licensing process now) and the mats are much cheaper but are they comfy? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks!
Dejavu I just posted about this

I use the kids couches that flip out. They double as a soft reading spot and nap time. I have limited space so these stay in my living room in 1 corner all lined up in a 1/2 circle then lined up in a row when not in use. They cost $35 a piece on sale. The covers come off and can be put in the washer and zipped back on.
Tags:cots, mats, nap, nap - pillows, nap - supplies
Reply Up