Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Woot Woot
daycare 05:25 PM 10-05-2011
Now we can throw our scales away! New car seat laws passed in CA that will required children to be in a carseat in the back seat until age 8...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/..._chaptered.pdf
Zoe 05:41 PM 10-05-2011
That's like what we have in MN. Such a great idea. My 5 year old daughter wouldn't have been able to sit in the car properly without a car seat!
safechner 07:40 PM 10-05-2011
That is odd. I guess every states are different laws. In Texas law, they are required to be in a car seat until 7 years old for a long time but they passed law in Texas until 8 years old about two years ago.
Kaddidle Care 07:49 PM 10-05-2011
I think it's 8 years or 80 lbs. here - whichever comes first. (Good thing because my 10 year old is 60-65lbs.!)

I think the longer you can keep them in the better. I realize that if you are toting a load of children it's a hassle but safety comes first.
sharlan 08:50 PM 10-05-2011
We just took my granddaughter out of booster seats because she cannot comfortably sit in any of the ones we have. She will be 6 in 2 weeks. We tried all of the boosters at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago and she did not fit hip wise in any of them.
countrymom 03:34 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
We just took my granddaughter out of booster seats because she cannot comfortably sit in any of the ones we have. She will be 6 in 2 weeks. We tried all of the boosters at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago and she did not fit hip wise in any of them.
your right, they don't make car seats to fit children right. If they want them in longer then they need to redesign them. I have 4 different style of seats, they are either too narrow, to hard, or to short in length that not only do the kids barely fit on them, but then their feet are dangling awkardly. And add winter gear, the seats become uncomfortable. We have that you have to be 7or 80pounds or a certain hieght. My odd hit the height at age 6 so I couldn't even see over her head when she was in a car seat.
familyschoolcare 06:36 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Now we can throw our scales away! New car seat laws passed in CA that will required children to be in a carseat in the back seat until age 8...

When does it go into effect?
familyschoolcare 06:41 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:

True to California this is written confusing. If i read it correctly a child 7 years old does not have to be in a care seat unless going on the highway, and they are exempt if tall enough 4 9 I think it was?
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
That's like what we have in MN. Such a great idea. My 5 year old daughter wouldn't have been able to sit in the car properly without a car seat!
yep, MN is 4'9" or 80lbs. My friend from high school is 4'9" and barely 80lbs. She is in her 40ies!

We tease her about the car seat law all the time. She does use a pillow to see!
Sprouts 09:40 PM 10-06-2011
lol in other countries they don't even have babies in car seats

Soon they will pass a law here that even drivers have to be in car seats okay corny i know, i am tired, good night!
Tags:california, car seats, car seats - guidelines, transportation
Reply Up