Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacations/Personal Days/Sick Days
Country Kids 01:28 PM 07-18-2012
How many of you take all your vacation at one time?

How many of you take your vacation speradiocally throughout the year?

Also, are your personal days part of your sick days or are they seperate?
Do you take so many personal days and so many sick days?
Blackcat31 01:40 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
My vacations are one week over July 4th and one week over Christmas. Actual dates vary as the holidays fall on different days each year.

My personal days off are usually federal holidays and they are laid out and planned at the beginning of each year.

I have taken only one sick day in 20 years. As far as other days off, I usually don't take a whole day if I have an appt or something but will simply close at 3 or 3:30 instead and 8 out of my 10 families all pick up at by 3/3:30 so the remaining 2 just have to deal with it.

I still charge a full days rate if lunch or nap time is part of the day so closing at 3 doesn't inconvenience any of my families except those here after 3 and wouldn't you know those same families are the first families here the minute I open so....
I answered in bold
familyschoolcare 01:41 PM 07-18-2012
In my handbook I take 10 Holidays/vaction days and 5 sick/personal days

Vaction/Holidays are listed on the contract which is renewed every summer and sick days are as a need them. This year I schedguled 3 of my sick/personal days when I schedguled my Holidays
mema 06:36 PM 07-18-2012

I have 10 days of vacation. I usually take 5 days in a row in August and the other 5 I use throughout the year for school functions and appointments. I have them pegged out at the beginning of the year. There has been a few occasions that I have had something come up that I close early, but try to give at least 2 weeks notice.

I don't have any paid sick days in my contract. If I have to close for that, it's unpaid.
MyAngels 08:24 PM 07-18-2012
I take ten paid days off each year, plus federal holidays.

I generally take them sporadically throughout the year, as we don't really take a vacation per se, just long weekend trips here and there.

I don't have sick days written into my contract. I've only closed maybe once or twice in 20 years for that reason, so if I had to close I'd either take it unpaid or as one of the ten days.
Crazy8 05:24 AM 07-19-2012
I usually take my vacation as 5 days in a row but this year split it into days since we weren't going away. I only have 5 paid days (1 week) in my contract and that any additional time will be unpaid. I figure that gives me the leeway I might need but in 11 years I doubt I've even taken 5 "extra" days. I don't take sick or personal days unless I absolutely have to.
momma2girls 06:57 AM 07-20-2012
I have 10 days(2 weeks) paid vac. days to use whenever I would like thoughout the yr. I have also added 2 personal/sick days to my contract this yr. I had 2 cases in the past couple of yrs. to where H1N1 and Influenza A were brought in by a daycare child. They were to the Dr. the day before, and came the next day on both cases!! Both times they didn't come in with a fever, but within 3 hrs. waking up after a 1 or 2 hr. am nap. They magically appeared with it!!! UGHHH!!!!! I had to close both days, because of it. My children both caught it, and the one time I did. I decided I wasn't going to take it unpaid, and it shouldn't have to come out of my vac. time. So this yr. I added them in, in case I need them. I have done daycare now for 10 yrs. and have only had to take probably 5 sick days in all the yrs. for my children, or myself!!!
Kiki 07:08 AM 07-20-2012

I take 2 weeks of vacation per year, at half rate-One in the summer, and one in the winter. I give out my dates at the beginning of the year to each family.

Personal/sick days are all the same for me. I don't take them very often, so far this year I have only taken 3 days outside of holidays, once was because my oldest DD and I both had strep, second was for a personal family day, third was for a training class.
daycarediva 10:08 AM 07-20-2012

I have ten paid days off, it varies depending on how the holiday(s) fall,
but I try to take the day before and after Christmas, a day around thanksgiving, a day around new years, a day around easter and a long weekend around 4th of July (wedding anniversary). It pretty much has always worked out with parents that those are days that they are off/home as well. (except one Mom that works retail...) That usually leaves me with 2-3 unscheduled days off. I give my time off for the year in January with tax forms, and if I need to schedule an additional day off, I notify parents asap.
Ariana 10:13 AM 07-20-2012
I allow myself 5 sick days and 5 personal days paid. I then give myself 4 weeks UNpaid vacays. One week is fixed at Christmas but the others are sporadically taken throughout the year. I give parents at least 6 weeks notice before I take the time though.
Truly Scrumptious 10:32 AM 07-20-2012
I have 10 paid vacation days per year that can be taken consecutively or not.

I have unlimited paid sick/personal/training days per year and I get paid federal and state holidays.
Tags:daycare closed, holidays, personal days, sick days
Reply Up