Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breakfast Club Rant
mrsnj 06:51 AM 02-18-2016
I just had to come on and stamp my feet to those who would understand. A little adult tantrum....
I do not supply breakfast. They must bring it themselves and have it ready to go in a lunchbox with everything they need and before 9am. Its my rules. Its always been my rules. Nothing has changed.

Now, all of a sudden, during the busiest time of my day, my parents seem to think they can do whatever....
I forgot breakfast
I forgot the spoon
I forgot milk
I know its 9:36 but little Susie hasn't eaten cause we slept in.

They bring yogurt for a toddler who must be hand fed. Or oatmeal that must be measured and cooked. I get breakfast in a ziplock baggie. Which means I have to find a dish, heat it, find a fork etc. And WHO gets to clean those dishes that I don't have time for??? Like SERIOUSLY!? We all forget stuff. But first it was one. Then another. At times I have 4-5 kids at my table eating while trying to get my own kids ready for school and meet buses. Something as simple as a missing fork is enough to tip my boat cause it all adds up. And today was the final straw. I had two forget a spoon, one forget milk and one who brought oatmeal in a packet uncooked. *sigh* I do not have time for this!!!!!!!! My morning was spent rushing around like a chicken without a head.

I finally got everyone done. The buses kicked off. And then I sat down and did a reminder note to go home. WHY do they make me be the baddie is what gets me. I don't change the rules. They are the same as when they started. "Its only a fork". It isn't. Not when you have several kids all wrapped up at one time doing the same thing!!

I do NOT have time to cook an egg, toast a bagel, peel and cut an apple, find a fork....spoon...plate.....cup.....napkin..... "I do not provide breakfast" is simple. And if it continues they can all start eating at home and breakfast here will be stopped. Its not my responsibility. Time to get up in the morning and do more than stuff a yogurt in a bag!

Tags:breakfast, breakfast - late, breakfast - not included, breakfast - tantrum, breakfast policy, breakfast program
Up