Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cheapest Mini Crib?
TaylorTots 06:40 PM 04-26-2014
I am looking for 2 "mini" cribs - where is the best price? I see $189-250 each... is there anything cheaper? Not sure I want to spend that much, might have to look atthe travel lite mini-pack n plays if that is the case.... anybody have any thoughts or better prices?

ETA: I see these at Walmart, anybody have these? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Delta-Fold...tural/20894131

itlw8 07:02 PM 04-26-2014
I have this one http://www.amazon.com/L-A-Baby-082-O...com/B00632H94E and it is also an evacuation crib. You will find it a several different prices but often the difference is also a 3 inch or 4 inch mattress.

I did not get mine from amazon look for LA baby and holiday crib. it is metal

Unregistered 07:26 PM 04-26-2014
I had a Delta before the big regulation changes. It was only good for little babies, way too flimsy once they pulled up to a stand. Just so cheaply made. The slats looked like you could break them in your hands. Of course I bought it online and never saw it in person before purchase. I bought from Walmart also.
No clue if it would be better now, but I made more than that one costs, I think about $129.
Unregistered 09:38 PM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had a Delta before the big regulation changes. It was only good for little babies, way too flimsy once they pulled up to a stand. Just so cheaply made. The slats looked like you could break them in your hands. Of course I bought it online and never saw it in person before purchase. I bought from Walmart also.
No clue if it would be better now, but I made more than that one costs, I think about $129.
Paid more, not made more.
NightOwl 11:22 PM 04-26-2014
I use the graco travel lites and they're FANTASTIC. Very light weight, big enough for kids as old as 18 months to 2 yrs, and half the price of wood mini cribs. They're really sturdy and look nice too.
JoseyJo 06:46 AM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I use the graco travel lites and they're FANTASTIC. Very light weight, big enough for kids as old as 18 months to 2 yrs, and half the price of wood mini cribs. They're really sturdy and look nice too.
I have a travel lite too- very sturdy, and very cute
jenboo 09:27 AM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
I am looking for 2 "mini" cribs - where is the best price? I see $189-250 each... is there anything cheaper? Not sure I want to spend that much, might have to look atthe travel lite mini-pack n plays if that is the case.... anybody have any thoughts or better prices?

ETA: I see these at Walmart, anybody have these? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Delta-Fold...tural/20894131
Those are junk. The are tiny tiny and super flimsy! I ordered one from amazon and when I opened the box a slat was already broken. I ordered a metal crib after that but I didn't realize it didn't fold. It is super sturdy though and easy to clean!
I'm going to get the LA holiday crib in a couple months.
Unregistered 03:54 PM 04-27-2014
You gotta love how they picture it with bumpers
Starburst 04:15 PM 04-27-2014
Well, on Pinterest I saw a really interesting idea for a portable and "cheap crib". Though I'm not sure licensing will allow it (even for your own baby) or how safe it is regarding SIDS prevention. I can just imagine trying to explain to a daycare parent that their baby is going to sleep in a laundry basket.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/390828073884736147/

I do know that bassinets tend to be cheaper than cribs, but are usually only good for the first few months after birth (usually have a 20-25 lb maximum limit).
Attached: 5e2c200142fdb3c4c9bcde3e455c204a.jpg (130.6 KB) 
missy 04:22 PM 04-27-2014
The Scotsdale one-position non-adjustable evacuation cribs are awesome. The I wheels are soooo smooth and they are so cheap for evacuation cribs. Clear ends for better viewing too. $159.99 at Strictly For Kids.
Tags:crib
Reply Up