Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Radon Testing
lovemykidstoo 03:10 PM 08-06-2015
I was curious to see if every state required Radon testing for in-home daycares. Michigan does and i have to say that I am happy about it. It's so important for anyone to have your basement tested since Radon is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer. Most people aren't aware. We're moving in less than 2 weeks so I'm off tomorrow to get my Radon kit to test. I'm wondering if anyone has had it done and tested high. I hear it's not hard to fix the problem but not sure how to do it.
grateday 03:31 PM 08-06-2015
Yes they were so awesome. They can only come when no kids are around for liability reasons. They put a box in your basement, drill some holes to test in the basement floor. The box reads for a day or so. The mediation takes about a day and they run a pvc looking tube from the under the basement floor up and out through the roof. A continous air flow pressure system is in the tube and pushes the gases up and out. They put a little meter on there so when it falls under the guidelines or something goes wrong with it you call them.

It can cost a few grand though 2000-5000 dollars
DaveA 03:31 PM 08-06-2015
You have to have one done in IL. We tested absurdly high the first test, so I called the company and got a new one. Turns out the first one was bad and we were fine.
Reply Up