Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Guilty
Thriftylady 10:42 AM 12-17-2015
I hate this. My preschool girl has been upset and crying for two hours after I picked her up at school. Mom is a nurse and I finally texted mom and told her what was happening and I didn't know why. Mom called and said they had her at the doctor last night because she started screaming in the bathroom last night and there was a little blood. Mom said they gave her meds and the pedi thinks she may have a kidney stone because her UA came back abnormal. But they are not sure. So mom is coming to get her as soon as they get another nurse there to replace her. I feel bad mom is having to leave work, but wanted mom to know. Mom didn't bat an eye about leaving to come get her though. I am not sure but thinking mom may be taking her back to the doctor, she says DCG usually doesn't cry so much even when sick and wonders if she is in pain. I feel bad for DCG and I feel bad for mom. Sigh.
childcaremom 10:46 AM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I hate this. My preschool girl has been upset and crying for two hours after I picked her up at school. Mom is a nurse and I finally texted mom and told her what was happening and I didn't know why. Mom called and said they had her at the doctor last night because she started screaming in the bathroom last night and there was a little blood. Mom said they gave her meds and the pedi thinks she may have a kidney stone because her UA came back abnormal. But they are not sure. So mom is coming to get her as soon as they get another nurse there to replace her. I feel bad mom is having to leave work, but wanted mom to know. Mom didn't bat an eye about leaving to come get her though. I am not sure but thinking mom may be taking her back to the doctor, she says DCG usually doesn't cry so much even when sick and wonders if she is in pain. I feel bad for DCG and I feel bad for mom. Sigh.
My dh had kidney stones a few years ago. Not something I would wish on anyone.

Hope she is ok!
Silly Songs 11:19 AM 12-17-2015
Why did she bring her to daycare today in the first place ?
MissAnn 11:23 AM 12-17-2015
Don't get me started on kidney stones. 3 surgeries this year and still left with a 5mm. Poor kid.
Thriftylady 11:30 AM 12-17-2015
Well now I am not sure, because she stopped crying when she found out mom was coming and said "I just want mommy". I hope we didn't get played. But, I have never had her do this before so it was out of character for her. She is three, so who knows. Hopefully mom will figure it out.
auntymimi 11:48 AM 12-17-2015
Ugh, I hate calling for pick up too. Especially if it's not an obvious sign like high temp or vomiting, but something more subtle like acting off.
Ariana 10:06 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Why did she bring her to daycare today in the first place ?
Seems weird that she did not disclose this issue before bringing her at least. I wouldn't have excluded her but hey a 'heads up' would have been nice
Controlled Chaos 10:32 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Seems weird that she did not disclose this issue before bringing her at least. I wouldn't have excluded her but hey a 'heads up' would have been nice
That what I was thinking too.
Thriftylady 12:57 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Yeah she may have told me but they didn't come this AM so I picked her up at preschool. I wouldn't have excluded either. I am going to hope that had she actually dropped her off instead of the schedule change (they were at dad's and he took them to school), that she would have told me.
lblanke 07:58 PM 12-18-2015
My youngest sister had kidney stones in elementary school. She would be writhing in pain one minute, then all smiles when the stone moved a bit. It took a while to diagnose because her pain could come and go suddenly. School would call for pick up, and by the time mom got there, she was fine & happy go lucky.
Ariana 09:22 AM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Yeah she may have told me but they didn't come this AM so I picked her up at preschool. I wouldn't have excluded either. I am going to hope that had she actually dropped her off instead of the schedule change (they were at dad's and he took them to school), that she would have told me.
Ah ok that makes more sense. Maybe she could have texted you though I dunno.
Tags:feeling guilty
Reply Up