Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interactive Daycare Interview Advice
Lovingnanny 07:32 PM 07-25-2017
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I have been a nanny for 5 years with a ECE background. I love children and always have. I have worked at a daycare before as a floater, so I am familiar with the classroom setting. Bright horizons has a nanny program where they hire nannies to do back up care for families. This means A nanny might get a different family everyday. They want me in for an interactive interview to see how i act in unfamiliar settings since the job that reached out to me through indeed will basically have me in unfamiliar settings 99% of the time. However, I get so anxious when other people are watching me! I know I will do great with the children, as i always have. I tend to get down to the child's level and play with them. I laugh and smile a lot. I speak to the children as well. I just get overly cautious and try to be perfect when others are watching me. I had a blast when i worked in a daycare, but just knowing the teachers might be watching me like a hawk freaks me out.
rosieteddy 06:37 AM 07-26-2017
I would just be yourself.Cameras are everywhere now and we need to be aware of that.Try not to think about that to much.That being said I would find it hard as well.When I worked alone we were very silly.I often sang and danced with the children,not to mention singing all day.If I was being watched I probally would have toned it down.Infants and toddlers are not as judgy as adults.You will be fine just be aware that "big brother is watching".
kendallina 10:12 AM 07-26-2017
You'll be fine! Be confident, have fun and don't worry about being perfect. I've been observed and have been the observer enough to know that 1. they don't expect perfection and 2. they can tell when someone is too nervous and might not be showing their 'true self'. You'll do great!
Lovingnanny 09:09 PM 07-26-2017
I had so much fun. I forgot how much i enjoyed working at a daycare. The kids were super sweet and all gravitated towards me. I saw some of the teachers in groups, so i went to a group of children playing with playdo and sat down. More kids joined and were very talkative to me. One even hugged me. The only thing is i didnt talk to the teachers except for greeting them since i saw they were busy with the children. Itnwas supposed to last an hour and it was 26 minutes. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing. Maybe it's good since the observer saw i was interacting and knew i was a good fit? After that they called my references. My references reached out to me and told me the daycare contacted them. Maybe that's a good sign! I'm hoping to get this position.
kendallina 04:30 AM 07-27-2017
That's great! Calling references is definitely a good sign!
catinthebox 01:30 AM 08-01-2017
You are fine ^_^ once you are more comfortable than talking to the teachers will be easy. I work at a daycare center and i always welcome our new staffs and helping them around the ropes.

Good luck and keep being you!
daycarediva 06:37 AM 08-01-2017
As a director, I LOVE seeing the teachers interact with children and NOT each other. Just basic "can you please take sue with your group..." stuff is all you need, honestly.
Tags:anxiety, daycare, interactive, interview, job, nanny, nervous
Reply Up