Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Walking Rope
Unregistered 11:24 AM 08-23-2018
Hello all!

I’m looking for some preemptive advice here. I have a young group, all about 22 months. I used to take them for walks and pull them in a wagon but now they are just too heavy! I ordered one of those ropes with the handles for the kids to hold onto so that they could walk without trying to scatter all over the place. They are all good walkers.

I’m already envisioning one or two letting go and trying to run away from the group. How would you handle this when it happens so that they learn it’s not acceptable? I’d like to start off on the right foot and with a plan in place.
rosieteddy 11:31 AM 08-23-2018
I never had good luck with just the rope.They were like puppies tripping over each other.What about the wagon or a stroller for your supplies .Then you could tie the safety straps to the wagon and their wrist.I know NannyD uses the same ones.Astroller would work also just to push and have them anchored,also good in an emergency say if someone gets hurt ect.
Michael 03:24 PM 08-23-2018
More Walking Rope threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=walking+ropes
nanglgrl 08:45 AM 08-24-2018
I have a device called a walkodile. We haven’t used it in years since I started taking just older children but look them up, they’re quite nice. If you can’t find them or the price is steep I have one for 6 children for sale for $40, it’s like new. Depending where you are I might be able to ship it if you’re interested.
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I have a device called a walkodile. We haven’t used it in years since I started taking just older children but look them up, they’re quite nice. If you can’t find them or the price is steep I have one for 6 children for sale for $40, it’s like new. Depending where you are I might be able to ship it if you’re interested.

https://www.hopscotchschoolsupply.co...walking-system

Tags:walking ropes
Reply Up