Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kind of a Vent I Guess......
JJPlaycare 08:28 AM 10-21-2010
Maybe it is because I am due to have a baby in about 8 weeks, but I feel REALLY overwhelmed right now!! I feel like I could just throw everything away and start over! I have no idea how I got so much stuff! I have daycare in my home, and it is just to much right now! I feel like no matter where I walk in my house their are TOYS, TOYS and more TOYS! We are also finishing our basement which doesn't help, because that obviously is a mess of construction! Ugh, sorry I just needed to get this off of my chest!
MommyMuffin 08:47 AM 10-21-2010
HHHmmm...I think you are nesting!!
JJPlaycare 10:02 AM 10-21-2010
I am not sure what is going on! I have 8 weeks left before the baby comes, if it is nesting it is going to go on for quite some time and I better figure out a solution or this nesting phase is sure to drive me bonkers!! I just texted my husband and told him to get a babysitter for our girls, a dumpster, a storage unit and a semi for one heck of a goodwill load for this weekend! I don't know I think the problem is that I have used our unfinished basement for storage, or a dump all I guess for the past 4 years and now that it is underconstruction I had to bring all of the toys up that I had stored down there and now we need to empty the entire thing out before we drywall! I just feel trapped in this house!! Absolutely no storage right now and WAY, WAY, WAY to much stuff! Probably really hitting home today as my 5 year old doesn't have Kindergarten today and is pulling everything out of everywhere! She is having one heck of a time with all of the daycare kids, but OH MY!! I just feel like this entire house is a mess all of the time, yet I feel like all I do is clean!!!
MN Mom 01:12 PM 10-21-2010
Yup, nesting!! I went thru the SAME thing x4! I remember the crying, the feeling of being cramped in my house with too much stuff. The throwing of things when husband wasn't looking.

This too shall pass!!

Just remember deep breaths, long baths with candles, and get out of the house and away from the "stuff" that's bugging you. I still regret throwing away all my size 8 jeans (among other clothes that I was "just to fat" to ever wear again) when I was preggers with my first. They were some of my most favorite outfits and I miss them now!!

Lots of huggles and best wishes to you.
<3 <3 <3
SilverSabre25 02:12 PM 10-21-2010
Nesting!!

Although I will say that I frequently feel this way about my house and our stuff, and I'm not due until Memorial Day! Actually, I feel like that even when I'm not pregnant, come to think of it...

Good for you getting rid of the stuff, though! And good for DH, assuming he's going to be a dutiful husband and obey your wishes on this subject!!
momofsix 02:18 PM 10-21-2010
I feel that way and I'm not even pregnant
MarinaVanessa 06:54 AM 10-22-2010
I chalk it up to nesting ... I'm due in 4 weeks and I have pulled EVERYTHING out of the kid's room closet and reorganized. I cringe every time that I open the pantry and get an urge to organize the shelves by snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, canned food and spices. I started pulling out my DC stuff from my shelves and have decided to re-organize my DC closet. My room is a mess because yesterday I pulled EVERYTHING out of all of my drawers and my closet to reorganize and when my fiance came home and flipped all I said was "Don't judge me, it has to get ugly before it gets pretty". Thing is, none of this EVER bothered me before. Yup ... you're probably nesting.
Abigail 11:16 PM 10-27-2010
If you really know you have too much stuff, downsize a little. Start out with making sure the things you use on a regular basis are in the daycare area. Then look at the rest (have a friend over to tell "take that out, put that upstairs, bring this to the garage...it helps!) and you just need to agree that the things you have not used in a year REALLY should go and if it's been a few months then maybe keep it.

If you get rid of too much at once you're going to forget what you donated/sold and regret it. I go through things in our place a few times a year, even though it seems like it's monthly now. I just keep the bare minimum and donate or sell right away (usually Craigslist) because I know I can always find a good deal again. I feel soo much better once I get a car load of untouched things out of my place though! We need to do it twice this year because we have so many wedding gifts and we're going to use them right away, not preserve them because then we just end up collecting.

Remember to use what you've got or get rid of it. If it's too nice to use then you probably shouldn't have it! LOL
boysx5 02:55 AM 10-28-2010
I hate clutter and my rule of thumb is if I haven't used it in six months then I most likely won't use so I get rid of it. Now for daycare stuff I do keep things for a bit longer I do have and extra room in my basement that I keep stuff in its our guest room but with Thanksgiving coming I will need to clean out that room for guest there is never enough room when you do daycare
kidkair 04:14 AM 10-28-2010
I have 12 bins for toys. They are stored on shelves so I can get to each one without unstacking a pile though that's how I started. I rotate the toys once a month so they all get some time and my toy room isn't always flooded with toys. I do the same for books but on a seasonal schedule. I do have a few more bins for toys that can only be out for short amount of times or under direct supervision and additional storage for the various types of blocks that also get changed monthly. Good luck with reorganizing! I know I'd go crazy if we had to empty our basement mainly because our living room is down there. The daycare toys would be able to be stacked in a corner somewhere.
Tags:chaos, overwhelmed
Reply Up