Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ahh, Just What The Dr. Ordered!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:44 PM 09-19-2010
After a busy, crazy summer, last week was our first full week of school and all I can say is AAAAAHHHHH, and that is a sighing Ahh, not a screaming Ahhh. Just what the Dr. ordered!! My own 4 girls have been getting along sooo much better, and my days are so relaxed, I LOVE it.

I only have 2 daycare boys during the day, one is here full day, the other only 1/2 day...my daycare girls go to school...they come early and go back to sleep, I have to wake them, feed them, get them on the bus and then they leave shortly after school.

I have had so many daycare offers recently, but turned them all down. The extra money would be so very nice, but I figure why mess with a good thing? (plus when there are days off from school, I will have my hands full!!).

It has just been a sigh of relief for me as the end of summer was really hard for me...so many thoughts of giving daycare up and getting an out of the home job, but I'm glad I made it through. Now I get time to catch up my daycare paperwork that is behind and maybe even take time for myself!
Lucy 07:40 PM 09-19-2010
Sounds so close to my situation.

When my bigger kids are at school, it leaves me with 2 toddlers four days a week, and only 1 the other day. On the day I only have 1 toddler, it's a great day! We can choose to stay home, where we read book after book, or I've even let her "help" me make choc chip cookies, or we can go do stuff like go grocery shopping, or to the post office, to our library's story time, or to McDonald's to use their play area. I really need the money and should get more kids, but in the meantime, I'm really enjoying this slow workload!!
melskids 04:05 AM 09-20-2010
i had a pretty rough summer as well. i had 4 7 years old kids on top of the little ones, and man, was it rough. it was the worst summer ive had in years. i was at my breaking point, for real. thank goodness they all went back to school. i would take 10 screaming babies over the SA any day!!! i actually let one SA go, he was the "ringleader", and i just couldnt take him anymore. one SA is mine, so i cant get rid of him...lol. the other two arent so bad, and are only here 1/2 hour everyday after school. (one might be leaving after this school year, and i will NOT be replacing him.) i have 3 little ones here all day now, and its been nice!!!! i'm learning that my sanity is worth more then the money
TGT09 05:45 AM 09-20-2010
I had a ridiculously crazy summer and even crazier end of summer. I definitely felt the sweet relief when they went back to school at the end of August. Now, my only crazy day is Wednesday when ALL the kids get released from school an hour early!

Glad you are getting to enjoy it too! I feel the same way about adding more kids because the days where the kids are off or early then I'm packed!
boysx5 07:44 AM 09-20-2010
yes I agree the SA wear you out I love having the little ones all day and enjoy my quiet time so much somehow we make it through the rough times and treasure those great times
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:43 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Now, my only crazy day is Wednesday when ALL the kids get released from school an hour early!
Our school does this on every Thursday..our elementary kids get out an hour early...I dislike this day! LOL
MarinaVanessa 05:46 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
Our school does this on every Thursday..our elementary kids get out an hour early...I dislike this day! LOL
LMAO ... think this is bad? Every Friday our SA's get out at 11:30am EVERY WEEK! At least you guys only have to deal with 1 hour earlier each week, I have to deal with 3 hours early every week .
Tags:positive, summer
Reply Up