Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Craziness?
newtodaycare22 09:47 AM 05-10-2011
This is my first year where I am not teaching kindergarten. However, in the school system, this time of the year is crazy. The kids are ready to be out of school and in summer mode. I feel like my kids are doing this too...but we don't have a summer break

They are just hyper, bickering with each other and driving me crazy. Just wondering if anyone else has seen behavior changes w/the little ones
dEHmom 10:05 AM 05-10-2011
right now they are a little wild. mostly because we have had such nice hot summer weather, and then hit again with a week of gloomy rainy weather. not too much for energy outputs outside where they really want to be.
countrymom 10:54 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
right now they are a little wild. mostly because we have had such nice hot summer weather, and then hit again with a week of gloomy rainy weather. not too much for energy outputs outside where they really want to be.
here too, I can't stand it anymore.
SimpleMom 11:01 AM 05-10-2011
yes, very hyped up for summer over here!! i give lots of outside time to offset the hyperness and i do curr. with them,so after may i transition from pre-k to summer break. they like the change, but very excited moods for sure. so...i hear ya!!
WImom 11:19 AM 05-10-2011
Here too. I think it isn't helping that weather has been annoying lately. It's warm, cold, rainy. I wish it would just pick one and decide.
Tags:behavior, bickering, hyper, summer, summer craziness
Reply Up