Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Deal With DCD Only?
TwinKristi 04:29 PM 01-24-2014
So I have a family starting on Monday. They all live in the county south of us, mom works near home and dad works near me. So dad will be doing the drop-offs and pick-ups. He only works about 10 mins. away. So all 3 came yesterday and mom is super nice and sweet! I really liked her and am kinda bummed that I'm never going to see her! She really has no reason to come all the way up here so I don't know if I will EVER see her again? I know I only saw one DCD like twice in 14 mos and two DCDs have never even been here. So dealing with DCD only will be new for me!
daycare 04:35 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
So I have a family starting on Monday. They all live in the county south of us, mom works near home and dad works near me. So dad will be doing the drop-offs and pick-ups. He only works about 10 mins. away. So all 3 came yesterday and mom is super nice and sweet! I really liked her and am kinda bummed that I'm never going to see her! She really has no reason to come all the way up here so I don't know if I will EVER see her again? I know I only saw one DCD like twice in 14 mos and two DCDs have never even been here. So dealing with DCD only will be new for me!
I have two that I only ever see dcd. one is a hot mess and the other one is my best client ever hands down. the second dcd has the same issue as you, he works from home, dcm works in the city, never get to see her much at all.

dcd is ON TOP of everything. If I send home a note requesting supplies he has them front and center next day. he knows all my rules to a T and never asks to bend them. I love this family and the kids are the sweetest ever.

I was a little werided out at first that I mostly only text, call or email him, but I do try to always include dcm on them too.
daycarediva 04:36 PM 01-24-2014
I have two Dcds with primary custody. Good guys, super laid back. I DO find that I have to be captain obvious when saying something , but that's my only issue.
TwinKristi 04:40 PM 01-24-2014
Thanks! I actually don't even have her phone number! I asked dad for her email today so that I could compose an email to them both about starting Monday and such. He seems like a great dad, hands on, no fuss, no coddling kinda guy. I'm sure mom's info will be on her paperwork, but it just seems so odd to me! I talked to another DCP who I'm friends with and she said she's only had 1 dad do all the interviewing and stuff but mom participated in the drop offs and pick ups.
mountainside13 05:14 PM 01-24-2014
I have never had a dad always doing the drop off and pick ups. It's usually both or just the mom. I would like having a dad pick up all the time. They tend to be less chatty and less gossiping. I love most of my daycare parents. Even if I vent about them
TwinKristi 06:38 PM 01-24-2014
This dad is quite chatty... Very chatty actually. I guess we'll see next week! LOL
melilley 06:41 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have two Dcds with primary custody. Good guys, super laid back. I DO find that I have to be captain obvious when saying something , but that's my only issue.
Love it, captain obvious...
melilley 06:44 PM 01-24-2014
I have a family that the dad does drop offs and pick ups. I love it. Dcm used to do most of the drop offs and p/u, but not anymore and I like it that way. She is my liar dcm and I have lost respect for her, but dcd is great!
snbauser 07:23 PM 01-24-2014
I have one family where I see mom maybe once a month. Dad does drops offs and pick ups. Another family where dad always drops off and mom almost always picks up. One family where mom always drops off and picks ups are about 50/50, My other family mom usually drops off but not always and mom usually picks up but not always.
Meeko 07:50 PM 01-24-2014
I have a single dad with one son. One of my best clients.
Kimskiddos 10:17 PM 01-24-2014
I have a couple of families that the dad does 85% of the drop ups/offs. I text the mom's pictures to include them.
Play Care 04:57 AM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I have the same with one DCG. She's a great kid and he is a good client but I do have to tell him every day things like "she had an accident today so you will have to take the clothes out of her bag and replace them with clean ones" I've never had to do that before...
MotherNature 05:16 AM 01-25-2014
The family that just quit over Xmas- dad dropped off & did pick up. I saw Mom during the interview, one time they were together at a pick-up, & twice she dropped off/picked up when dad was sick. They were here for 6 mos. They shared one car though & I was on the way to dad's work.
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 01-25-2014
More than half my families have the dads doing 90% of pick ups and drop offs, as well as calls for illness and communication to and from me about related daycare stuff.

I actually prefer the dads. Less drama, less chit chat and a lot less coddling and babying of their kids.

I love the moms I have too but I am a black and white, straight to the point kind of person and I've noticed a lot of moms have a tough time with that.
Laurel 08:05 AM 01-25-2014
I have one dad like that now. I watched their older child when he was a baby and mom had a different guy so I'd see her a lot. She was nice but a bit of a pain. I was considering not taking her second child because of this. She was dating current dad back then and I liked him so decided to do it. It is great. He is sooo nice. He makes it a point to ask how I am and one evening came at drop off apologizing for not asking me how I was in the morning. He said "I just started talking about my daughter's issue and completely forgot to greet YOU. So sorry." Awww, how sweet. What a gentleman!

Laurel
Angelsj 08:51 AM 01-25-2014
I used to, but grandma watches them now. However, I saw mom so little that I didn't even know she was pregnant. Dad was off for an injury for a couple of months and came back with an extra "surprise" baby. lol
Tags:custody issues
Reply Up