Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gift for 2 yo DCG
Josiegirl 02:16 AM 08-15-2018
What do you get for a 2 yo dcg's birthday who already has a house filled with toys? I used to love shopping for little ones but it seems like it's gotten more and more difficult because kids have so much already. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Cat Herder 05:25 AM 08-15-2018
Art supplies or science discovery sets. Consumables she has to "do", not watch.
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 08-15-2018
A pass to a local library, museum or amusement park so the child's family can spend time with them.

I like gifts for kids then lead to "family time" together
hwichlaz 09:02 AM 08-15-2018
I usually get them a book or art supplies.
e.j. 11:56 AM 08-15-2018
I have a big box wrapped to look like a birthday present that I fill with books, pads of drawing paper, crayons and small TY stuffed animals and toys I pick up on sale. On their birthdays, each child gets to choose something from the Birthday Box. The kids get excited when it's their turn to pick from the box and I don't have to worry about what they already have at home or what they like/don't like.
Ariana 01:06 PM 08-15-2018
I always get Crocodile Creek puzzles! They have to do them with an adult so it forces educational family time. If not then it is still a really nice gift
Mike 02:44 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A pass to a local library, museum or amusement park so the child's family can spend time with them.

I like gifts for kids then lead to "family time" together
Love that idea.
hwichlaz 04:47 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I have a big box wrapped to look like a birthday present that I fill with books, pads of drawing paper, crayons and small TY stuffed animals and toys I pick up on sale. On their birthdays, each child gets to choose something from the Birthday Box. The kids get excited when it's their turn to pick from the box and I don't have to worry about what they already have at home or what they like/don't like.
I love this idea.
e.j. 06:02 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I love this idea.
I think I may have picked up the idea from someone here? I can't remember!
Josiegirl 02:17 AM 08-16-2018
Thanks so much for all your great ideas! Gave me some great inspiration!
daycarediva 11:08 AM 08-16-2018
I don't buy for birthdays. I do get them a birthday treat. Kids have enough crap.
Tags:2 year old, birthday gift, birthday gift - 2 yo
Reply Up