Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illness Facebook post
lovemykidstoo 05:59 AM 01-26-2018
This flu this year is kinda freaking me out. It's scaring me to think healthy people are dieing from it. I did hear that alot of the people had not been up to date on their shots, but still. I wanted to post something on my daycare fb page, but didn't want to offend anyone. My parents are all typically very good about the kids being sick and staying home. This is what I wanted to write. What do you guys think of it. Is it offensive?

"Happy Friday everyone! I was just watching a report this morning about this years flu. I have to say it's really concerning me. Normal, otherwise healthy children and adults have passed away from it within days of getting it. I want to reassure you that I'm not only doing my regular cleaning, but stepping up that process to do as much as I can to keep the kids and my own family healthy. Today with this nice weather, I will be opening windows to get circulate the air. I believe that helps too. If any of my family gets it, I will let you know right away. Please if you or your child are showing any signs of it, keep them home so we can try to ward it off. I know that goes without saying. You all are so wonderful when it comes to things like that. I honestly do not ever worry about that at all with anyone, but the darn news has me worried. January is almost over thank goodness! Hopefully only another hard month of winter! I hope that noone takes offense to this, none of you have sent your children here sick. I appreciate all of you! Just erring on the side of caution. Have a wonderful, healthy weekend!!! "
LostMyMarbles 07:01 AM 01-26-2018
It was not offensive. It was casual and friendly. Non treating. Good job! Great communication.

Only thing I would add is to encourage hand washing by all, wether its at your place, home and especially out and about!
daycarediva 09:24 AM 01-26-2018
Add in hand washing, as pp mentioned, and getting outside, healthy eating, etc.

I find parents DO NOT wash hands. I'm a nut about it. As soon as kids come in, they take off their stuff, and go wash their hands.
lovemykidstoo 09:53 AM 01-26-2018
Good idea about hand washing! I'll add that.
tenderhearts 10:27 AM 01-26-2018
I really have thought about doing something like this as well. but I just had a boy return today after having a fever Wednesday afternoon, personally he is not acting his normal self but he is playing, he doesn't appear to have a fever but I kind of doubt when his last fever was even though dad said it was at 1 am on Thursday. Anyways do you think it would be offensive to them or they could think I'm directing it at them if I sent one home today?
lovemykidstoo 11:20 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I really have thought about doing something like this as well. but I just had a boy return today after having a fever Wednesday afternoon, personally he is not acting his normal self but he is playing, he doesn't appear to have a fever but I kind of doubt when his last fever was even though dad said it was at 1 am on Thursday. Anyways do you think it would be offensive to them or they could think I'm directing it at them if I sent one home today?
I had a similar thing 2 weeks ago with payments. I had 2 parents that "forgot" it was payweek. One came back right away and paid, the other was the next day. I wanted to post something to everyone, because sometimes it's different people, but I didn't want to make it look like I was targeting those specific people. So I'm waiting a couple of weeks. Maybe wait a week?
tenderhearts 12:12 PM 01-26-2018
Thanks that's what I was thinking but this family actually I think lied, but I can't prove it. This boy is not acting his usual self, he hasn't eaten much which for breakfast that's not something surprising but lunch is, he's a great lunch eater, well he started eating and he hesitated and pointed to his throat, he's 2 1/2 and he just kept holding it, I asked if something was hurting him and he said yes and pointed right there, I find it very hard to believe that when I asked his dad if he was back to normal they didn't notice that. Ugh. I'm just so frustrated, especially because this mom works for the school district you'd think she'd know the importance of it.
lovemykidstoo 12:20 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Thanks that's what I was thinking but this family actually I think lied, but I can't prove it. This boy is not acting his usual self, he hasn't eaten much which for breakfast that's not something surprising but lunch is, he's a great lunch eater, well he started eating and he hesitated and pointed to his throat, he's 2 1/2 and he just kept holding it, I asked if something was hurting him and he said yes and pointed right there, I find it very hard to believe that when I asked his dad if he was back to normal they didn't notice that. Ugh. I'm just so frustrated, especially because this mom works for the school district you'd think she'd know the importance of it.
That is so irritating. Hope he doesn't have strep! Oh they know the importance of it, but do not care.
tenderhearts 12:27 PM 01-26-2018
It's so frustrating. If it was only them I'd wish that I got it (I don't know want it) and have to call them and say well I got what he had I need to close today
Reply Up